Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, what do I do now!?!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:05 AM
  • 30 Replies
So as many of u might know it took me and dh 3 years to conceive our dd who is now 6 months old. I have PCOS and hardly ever have a period. I did 3 years of clomid and only ovulated a hand full of times, plus Provera for a period and Metformin. I don't have insurance so I pay out of pocket and go to a clinic! Well we are ttc baby #2! I have had a period every month since having my dd in May via c section. Last months it took 36 days for my cycle to start. Its now been about 40 days and nothing! No sign of aunt flow and 3 test confirms I'm not pregnant. My dr can give me all the meds combo again but I'm looking at around $40 for it all which I really don't have! Not to mention when we got prego I had been off all the meds for about 3 months and after 2 months finally had a period on my own and that's when I conceived! I am so worried bc I don't want to wait another 3 years and now I'm scared my body is once again not working right bc 40 days and nothing. I can either re try the meds which didn't work for me in the past or wait it out and see if I start on my own but that can take months which means I could be looking at years to conceive again if I even do. Its really getting me down! I'm very happy with my wonderful dd but I know I want more kids! Its just all so stressful and hard not to worry and deal with! My dh says it will happen when its right just like it did and the drs see no reason why I couldn't get prego again its just the time part that's the problem. The dr also said the meds might work better this time around. I am so bothered about all this but I am honestly thinking we should get through the holidays and see if I start on my own and if I don't by the new year try the meds again! So, opinions ladies!?! Thanks! : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:07 AM
Btw, I feared this since we had my dd in May! I feel like a failure bc I didn't try harder to conceive when my periods were coming and now I feel like I missed my chance! But I needed to recover from my c section and I want my kids somewhat spaced out lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:39 AM

Take your time. You just had a baby six months ago. You don't have to have them so close together. Also, if you just relax and let things run their course you might get preggo because you stopped stressing. Stress can make PCOS worse, so try not to worry and enjoy this time with your baby and your dh. Oh, and congratulations. Having a lo one makes the holidays all the more special. :)

hollydaze1974
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Honey, I'm not being hateful, but if you don't have forty bucks for the med combo, is this the best time to ttc? You have one, you know the expenses, so I'm a little confused that if you are that strapped for cash why you are trying right now?
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:01 AM

I would take the holidays off, they are stressful enough without trying to conceive at the same time.

On a side note, I went through 8 pregnancy tests with my 8 year old before I got that + so until you actually start I wouldn't count yourself out yet anyway.

helema24
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Relax and stop trying for now once you arer relaxed you might get periods once again and conceive without even trying!!

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:58 PM
This is exactly what I was thinking. No offense, but I'm a little confused by it all.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Honey, I'm not being hateful, but if you don't have forty bucks for the med combo, is this the best time to ttc? You have one, you know the expenses, so I'm a little confused that if you are that strapped for cash why you are trying right now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M.I.L.F201
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:03 PM
I'm not trying to sound mean here but maybe its just not meant to be. Just enjoy you dd. At least you have her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:05 PM

I don't want to sound mean hun because I know you've been trying but maybe right now just isn't a great time.

Quoting splatz:

This is exactly what I was thinking. No offense, but I'm a little confused by it all.

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Very well said.

Quoting Aleta775:

Take your time. You just had a baby six months ago. You don't have to have them so close together. Also, if you just relax and let things run their course you might get preggo because you stopped stressing. Stress can make PCOS worse, so try not to worry and enjoy this time with your baby and your dh. Oh, and congratulations. Having a lo one makes the holidays all the more special. :)

Aamy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:12 PM
If you can't affford $40. How are you going to afford another baby ???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)