Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Well, what do I do now!?!

Posted by   + Show Post
So as many of u might know it took me and dh 3 years to conceive our dd who is now 6 months old. I have PCOS and hardly ever have a period. I did 3 years of clomid and only ovulated a hand full of times, plus Provera for a period and Metformin. I don't have insurance so I pay out of pocket and go to a clinic! Well we are ttc baby #2! I have had a period every month since having my dd in May via c section. Last months it took 36 days for my cycle to start. Its now been about 40 days and nothing! No sign of aunt flow and 3 test confirms I'm not pregnant. My dr can give me all the meds combo again but I'm looking at around $40 for it all which I really don't have! Not to mention when we got prego I had been off all the meds for about 3 months and after 2 months finally had a period on my own and that's when I conceived! I am so worried bc I don't want to wait another 3 years and now I'm scared my body is once again not working right bc 40 days and nothing. I can either re try the meds which didn't work for me in the past or wait it out and see if I start on my own but that can take months which means I could be looking at years to conceive again if I even do. Its really getting me down! I'm very happy with my wonderful dd but I know I want more kids! Its just all so stressful and hard not to worry and deal with! My dh says it will happen when its right just like it did and the drs see no reason why I couldn't get prego again its just the time part that's the problem. The dr also said the meds might work better this time around. I am so bothered about all this but I am honestly thinking we should get through the holidays and see if I start on my own and if I don't by the new year try the meds again! So, opinions ladies!?! Thanks! : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:05 AM
Replies (21-30):
WillsMOM72
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:34 AM
How do you know she doesn't have insurance?

Quoting armywife1229:

And, having a baby without insurance is really expensive. Definitely just wait. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:34 AM
I say try and relax for a little while. I know a lot of people who had trouble conceiving, and once they "quit trying" so hard and just enjoying the frequent romps in the sack and devouring eachother in a passionate frenzy, they were able to get pregnant. And I understand not wanting to throw your money away on something that may or may not work. I wish you the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:42 AM

She said so in her original post.

I don't have insurance so I pay out of pocket and go to a clinic!

Quoting WillsMOM72:

How do you know she doesn't have insurance?

Quoting armywife1229:

And, having a baby without insurance is really expensive. Definitely just wait. 

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 27, 2011 at 9:48 AM
Thank you for the support! I do not have insurance right now bc due to medical conditions noone will cover me! Others can bash me for it but I pay out of pocket at clinics and that's my choice! Infertility is a long and hard struggle and I guess some just don't understant! Thanks again!

Quoting WillsMOM72:

Why post before reading the other comments? She said she can afford the money but she hates to waste it. If she wants another child so close in age as her other that's her choice.

Quoting armywife1229:

I honestly think that if you can't afford the $40 for the meds, you really can't afford the second child.

And, having been one to have children close together, I don't recommend it. 

Didn't your doctor's tell you to wait at least 12 months after a c-section to have another baby? Your body needs time to heal. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 8:01 AM
Because to many ppl are having kids when they can't afford them. And how do you know they didn't work, you got pregnant didn't you ?? Your the one who said you "could not afford $40. a month" not us.....most ppl take that as not being able to afford it, not what you meant it to mean. You want it to mean that then post it that way.

Quoting Pammi86:

Wow all the comments seem to just focus on the $40! Its not that I'm so strapped for money! Its that $40 every month for something that didn't work before seems like throwing money away and I can't afford to throw money away like that. Maybe I should have put it that way. But where the heck is the support!? W/e, next time I'll be sticking to my infertility talk with my infertility group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 8:07 AM
Lots of us understand infertility.... I couldn't get pregnant didn't know why, had surgery and found out I had stage 4 endometriosis, was told I would need fertility drugs to get pregnant, luckily 9 weeks after my surgery I was 5 weeks pregnant. Then when my DD was 9 m old, we ttc for over 2+ YEARS and nothing. Then dh lost his job and we stooped ttc. So yes some of us know the struggles of infertility. I now have to have a hysterectomy because then endow is so bad so no more kids for me.

Quoting Pammi86:

Thank you for the support! I do not have insurance right now bc due to medical conditions noone will cover me! Others can bash me for it but I pay out of pocket at clinics and that's my choice! Infertility is a long and hard struggle and I guess some just don't understant! Thanks again!

Quoting WillsMOM72:

Why post before reading the other comments? She said she can afford the money but she hates to waste it. If she wants another child so close in age as her other that's her choice.

Quoting armywife1229:

I honestly think that if you can't afford the $40 for the meds, you really can't afford the second child.

And, having been one to have children close together, I don't recommend it. 

Didn't your doctor's tell you to wait at least 12 months after a c-section to have another baby? Your body needs time to heal. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 28, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Jump down my throat why don't you! Thanks but I really don't care what you have to say!

Quoting Aamy:

Because to many ppl are having kids when they can't afford them. And how do you know they didn't work, you got pregnant didn't you ?? Your the one who said you "could not afford $40. a month" not us.....most ppl take that as not being able to afford it, not what you meant it to mean. You want it to mean that then post it that way.

Quoting Pammi86:

Wow all the comments seem to just focus on the $40! Its not that I'm so strapped for money! Its that $40 every month for something that didn't work before seems like throwing money away and I can't afford to throw money away like that. Maybe I should have put it that way. But where the heck is the support!? W/e, next time I'll be sticking to my infertility talk with my infertility group!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 1:59 PM
LMAO. Yeah ok. You typed it, not us.

Quoting Pammi86:

Jump down my throat why don't you! Thanks but I really don't care what you have to say!

Quoting Aamy:

Quoting Pammi86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:59 PM
And if you look at my comment after the fact I stated I should have worded it better yet u continue to be rude about it! We are suppose to be here to support eachother, not act like children and here u are LMAO! Seriously? All I said was thanks but I don't care for your opinion bc clearly you are being plain rude. I know what I said and how I said it. My mistake for not clarifying it. And if u want to be in a group like this you should be supportive, not child like and rude about things! But I have better things to do so that's all.

Quoting Aamy:

LMAO. Yeah ok. You typed it, not us.

Quoting Pammi86:

Quoting Aamy:

Quoting Pammi86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:15 PM

JUST TO CLARIFY...I  should have worded things better and I shouldn't take things so personal. It is just a very personal thing to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN