Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Stupid Hallmark commercials! Make me cry everytime

The one with the soldier getting the recordable Charlie Brown book makes me cry each time it comes on.

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:15 AM
Replies (61-69):
suzjag
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 1:29 PM

I'm such a wimp, I had a friend decribe a commerical she saw (Walmart one where big sister is teaching little sister stuff like tying shoelaces, etc, saying that's how mom taught her, and then active duty mom walk in the door) and I cried hearing about it. I later told my husband about it, and started crying again! My husband said "I gotta pull this up on YouTube to see what you'll do actually seeing it?" And yep, cried 3 times within 20 min. New record.

Pink-Diamond
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Aww. Hugs to you. That will be a difficult time for you and your family when she leaves. This won't help you but my 19 year old son will be leaving on Valentines day 2012 for basic Training in San Antonio. He will be 20 in March 2012. This will be a huge transition for us but a good one. I plan on staying optamistic as much as possible even though I have my concerns in the future.  

Quoting lizlaughlove:

Yep, that one gets to me. It reminds me that my baby sister is deploying next year. No kids, but still she's my baby sister.

Quoting Pink-Diamond:

This one really touched me too..

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

There is one I saw recently, where the daughters were going to bed and the oldest was kissing her little sister good night and she said "this one is for me" and then went to say "this one is for mommy", but her mom (who was a soldier just coming home) said it first. Even my 11 year old cried at it.

Proud MOM to a son in the Airforce!

Congatulations BRYAN!

baby1love
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 9:57 PM

The one that writes an email everyday for his baby and they show her growin up

lizlaughlove
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 12:39 AM

My sis did basic in San Antonio. She spent a year in South Korea training medics. This will be her first time in a combat zone. It's scary. But this can be a great start to his future. My brother's been in the Corps for 3 years (no deployment yet). My husband fought in Iraq. So my family's done this before. Staying optimistic is the best thing you can do for yourself and him. This is an opportunity for him to do a lot of good. Hugs to you and your family too.

Quoting Pink-Diamond:

Aww. Hugs to you. That will be a difficult time for you and your family when she leaves. This won't help you but my 19 year old son will be leaving on Valentines day 2012 for basic Training in San Antonio. He will be 20 in March 2012. This will be a huge transition for us but a good one. I plan on staying optamistic as much as possible even though I have my concerns in the future.  

Quoting lizlaughlove:

Yep, that one gets to me. It reminds me that my baby sister is deploying next year. No kids, but still she's my baby sister.

Quoting Pink-Diamond:

This one really touched me too..

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

There is one I saw recently, where the daughters were going to bed and the oldest was kissing her little sister good night and she said "this one is for me" and then went to say "this one is for mommy", but her mom (who was a soldier just coming home) said it first. Even my 11 year old cried at it.

pootersmomi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 7:20 AM

The OnStar commercials always make me sniffle.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 7:38 AM
Me too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trish0023
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:56 AM
I don't even have to see that commercial, just hearing about it makes me tear up.

Quoting gramattmom:

the one that always gets me is the one around this time of year for the salvation army where their is this woman is a single mom and they show the tree with no presents under it and then the salvation army guys come, it i not the salvation army doing good work for the poor (they do good work) that gets me its the fact that the lady being a single mom and cannot afford gifts for her kids...its just so sad even though it happens alot

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babydylan3
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:05 PM

I cant even hear ppl sing songs live cause i tear up. Once i was in bed with my boyfriend watching X-Factor and i was litterally crying when one of the girls sang a song and he just started at me like "are you seriously crying over this?" You kinda just have to laugh at those moments. :)

OliviasMommy611
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:40 PM
I want to see it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)