Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a question to ex/breastfeeders

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

So its been a year since I stopped breastfeeding and I still "leak", its like colostrum, but I have to express it to get it to come out. anyone else have this happen to them?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
USAFamily
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't breastfed in about 3 years, and still get it every once in awhile. Really, it's more so when it's almost 'my time of the month'. I'm sure it's hormonal! What I find weird is when I'm around a baby, or I get that concerned mommy feeling, I sometimes feel like my milk drops lol. Nothing happens, but it still freaks me out!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:45 PM

I would have it checked by the doctor to be on the safe side. I never leaked.

USAFamily
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

It is not uncommon for you to lactate after breast feeding. Definitely nothing to see a Dr over unless it's bloody or stinky.

tinyweenie4203
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:11 PM

its not at all, for reals its just like colistrom. I made dh taste it and he says its sweet. lol I just think its weird. and I have no way of being pregnant cuz im on the shot. its just weird.

Quoting USAFamily:

It is not uncommon for you to lactate after breast feeding. Definitely nothing to see a Dr over unless it's bloody or stinky.

tinyweenie4203
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I get the same feeling when Im cuddling with my lil ones sometimes.

Quoting USAFamily:

I haven't breastfed in about 3 years, and still get it every once in awhile. Really, it's more so when it's almost 'my time of the month'. I'm sure it's hormonal! What I find weird is when I'm around a baby, or I get that concerned mommy feeling, I sometimes feel like my milk drops lol. Nothing happens, but it still freaks me out!

Pammi86
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:52 PM
I'm not a pro on this topic bc due to medical reasons I was only able to breastfeed my daughter for a month. Its now been 6 months and I dried up a long time ago however, I do notice at times I have some leakage. I tried to pump and start bfing again 2 months ago when my drs cleared me but nope didn't work. I'm not sure why we still leak but I know it happens to a lot of women.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Scubababy2004
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I breastfed DD for 2 1/2 years.  She is going to be 8 in Feb. and I still have leakage every once in a while.  It's pretty common.  Just watch for any changes, like odor or change in color.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)