Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

childrens art work

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:54 PM
  • 18 Replies

What do you do with all your childs art work you want to save over the years?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USAFamily
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I only save a very few things. Otherwise, I hang it all for whatever season it is, then take a pic and save the photo and throw it all away.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:46 PM
My dd is still too young so we don't have anything yet! But I did save all the cards from her baby shower in a shoe box and put it in a closet so she can read them when she gets older! I plan to do the same with most of the art work once it comes off the fridge lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:23 PM
We got this awesome frame from target that's specially made for artwork. It has hinges and opens up. So you don't have to take it off the wall to change the picture. And it has space for storage in the back. :)
As soon as DD gets a little older I plan on getting one for her artwork too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:52 PM

I have a drawer for each kid in my closet that I keep all their stuff in, pics, drawings, cards...etc...

mrsnoble2004
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Scan it and file the original.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I have things like that in a rubbermaid container.

periwinkle163
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I put them in my hope-chest.

Barcloff17
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:02 PM
I store it in a box labeled with the name of each of my kids! Well, not all of it...
hollydaze1974
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 4:31 PM
We had poster frames for his work. At the end of the year, I'd go through the best pieces and store them in an accordion folder or hang them on my office door. The ones that I couldn't keep, went descreetly away. You really can't keep everything, but you can keep most.
Mom2jngnc
by Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Bad mom. I don't save. I have a tote that has their baby books, and "important" things they made in school, but with all the art work my kids generate to save it, would create a fire hazard.
We have a "gallery" in our kitchen where we hang artwork, and some seasonal work will get stored with holiday decorations, but the rest of it gets recycled.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN