Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Just gettting it out there...

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM
  • 6 Replies

So, this is not meant at anyone specific and I know 99% of the time almost all of you have been wonderful and supportive. I decided to post more personal things in this group bc I felt comfortable here but in the end I feel as if that might have been a mistake. We are here to support eachother, not bash, not judge...but simply listen and give advice. I sometimes walk on egg shells in fear of hurting anothers feelings bc honestly the world is a very hard and cruel place and I feel like this is one place we shouldn't have to worry. I turned to cafemom in a very depressing, hard time. That hard time was when I was facing infertility and struggling very deeply. Through that entire process I found nothing but support here and through my entire pregnancy where I welcomed my tiny miracle I decided this was the best place for me and without these groups I would have given up a long time ago. Now, with that said I know every single one of you are intitled to your opinion and sometimes we may not like them which is fine! I have been lucky enough to not be bashed and bullied on here, unlike some. Well, for me that has in some way changed. I posted about ttc again and I should have worded things much, much better. However, most of the replies focused on the money issue at hand which honestly wasn't even a issue. I asked for a opinion, I got it. And thank you for that! But I wish there was a little more positive and less negative. I do NOT want to cause problems so I was a little worried to post this but ya know it has been bothering me. I do not want to go back and fourth with people or cause issues with anyone. I just want to remind everyone that we should ALL be supportive no matter what. Thank you all for the times you have been and will be. I really do enjoy this group and we have some wonderful, amazing women here. I do not want you guys to thank I do not realize that bc I do. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope this group continues to thrive! : )

by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you're not going anywhere. I would hate to see anyone leave. hugs

ygglove
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Good post (:

mrsnoble2004
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Wording can be a very tricky thing and if you do it wrong it can completely throw the focus off of what you are talking about.

I'm sorry you did not find the support you were looking for on a subject that has impacted the lives of many women.

splatz
by Sarah on Nov. 28, 2011 at 3:41 PM
I honestly didn't see any "bashing". You asked advice and you were given it. I'm sorry that it upset you though. But really I don't think anyone was trying to do that. With how it was worded and things that you have posted in the past I guess it was just confusing.
Ultimately you know what is best for you and your family. So try not to take anything on here to much to heart. None of us are in your shoes!
*hugs*

Scratch that first part, I just finished the post lol. Honestly as a mod though, you just need to do your part to keep the peace in here. If its that upsetting maybe delete the post? Then you don't have to worry about anyone fueling the fire, so to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 28, 2011 at 4:05 PM
I have done nothing but keep the peace. I have never been negative but maybe I did take certain things personal! This post proves I have nothing but good intentions. As far as the previous post I really don't feel the need to delete it. I just feel as though the wrong things were focused in all. That's all. But thank you for the advice and concern. I just want the best intentions for everyone as I'm sure you do!

Quoting splatz:

I honestly didn't see any "bashing". You asked advice and you were given it. I'm sorry that it upset you though. But really I don't think anyone was trying to do that. With how it was worded and things that you have posted in the past I guess it was just confusing.
Ultimately you know what is best for you and your family. So try not to take anything on here to much to heart. None of us are in your shoes!
*hugs*

Scratch that first part, I just finished the post lol. Honestly as a mod though, you just need to do your part to keep the peace in here. If its that upsetting maybe delete the post? Then you don't have to worry about anyone fueling the fire, so to say.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbennett26
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM

I love this group too!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN