Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Big Dreams go where??

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 11:14 PM
  • 24 Replies

Since you became a mom where do the big dreams you once had end up? (Going back to school, traveling, opening your own business etc) Do you go after them OR??

by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 11:17 PM
I didn't really have any big dreams. I wasn't real ambitious befure our ds came along. Lol. But we are currwntly working on getting things accomplished so we can open our own tree care business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaMama7
by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 11:23 PM

I think thats cool that your doing something now though, some people dont do things just because they have children now.. GOOD LUCK!

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

I didn't really have any big dreams. I wasn't real ambitious befure our ds came along. Lol. But we are currwntly working on getting things accomplished so we can open our own tree care business.

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I wanted to be a photographer so bad growing up. I'm not, but I do still dabble in it with family pics or a wedding every once in awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Honestly, all I ever wanted to do was be a wife and mother. It drove my mom nuts but it's true. I went to college but I am a SAHM now. There are other things I want to do but they can be done while being a mom.

goddess99
by Michelle on Nov. 29, 2011 at 9:37 AM

I was 30 when i became a mom so I had already done the things I wanted to. But since then I got married and we plan to move to Europe. We are waiting until my dd has graduated before we move.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 9:48 AM

I wanted to be a nurse. I had my first child when I was 17. I took and passed all the tests to get into nursing school. The head nurse of the school interviewed me and talked me out of school because I had a child! That was awful! I didn't realize that at the time. She ended up being right because I had a sick baby, but wasn't that just plain wrong?

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

At some point I'm going to go back to school for a mechanics degree. Until then I will continue to fix my own car as long as I have the tools and the time.

wifeandmomof2.5
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Not trying to sound like super mom but my big dreams were to have children.  I never imagined finding a man to marry though.  I am a very independent woman who like to do all the "man  things" on my own but sure enough I found a man who allows me to be me.  I did however want to take some pretty great vacations which I still plan to do someday. Other then that all my NEW big dreams include my husband and my babies.

toniar
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Ya know, now that I think about it I didn't have big dreams when I got married at 19 and had my first child at 24. I mean, I worked and had a little fun before my kids came along but nothing BIG about those dreams. Now that I have kids (2 kids now) I am dreaming bigger then ever. We have been to Disney World 3 times now and I'm making my dreams of traveling and being financially independent happen everyday. ;-) 

Dream BIG and move in the direction of those dreams no matter how small your steps are. You will get there!

~Tonia

BellaMama7
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 2:59 PM

What did you go to college for? 

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Honestly, all I ever wanted to do was be a wife and mother. It drove my mom nuts but it's true. I went to college but I am a SAHM now. There are other things I want to do but they can be done while being a mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)