Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Big Dreams go where??

Posted by   + Show Post

Since you became a mom where do the big dreams you once had end up? (Going back to school, traveling, opening your own business etc) Do you go after them OR??

by on Nov. 28, 2011 at 11:14 PM
Replies (21-24):
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Psychology.

I want to have a career one day, not sure what I want to do yet, I have a few ideas.

Quoting BellaMama7:

What did you go to college for? 

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Honestly, all I ever wanted to do was be a wife and mother. It drove my mom nuts but it's true. I went to college but I am a SAHM now. There are other things I want to do but they can be done while being a mom.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Nov. 29, 2011 at 4:06 PM
Well my big dream was to travel to a few different countries, become a teacher and a photographer on the side! So, right now I can't afford to do any of that but I am half way done with my teaching degree so I plan to take classes again when I can! Maybe next fall! Right now I work in a after school program part time which works great with being a mommy so I can't complain bc I get to do what I love which is teach and be a sahm part of the time which also was a dream of mine! My minor is in photography so I have decided to do that on the side and just started out! Hopefully it goes somewhere! And me and my dh plan to go visit Ireland and Italy once our kids are grown so, that's that! I may not make a lot of money and times may be hard but we do ok! We have a beautiful daughter, a beautiful apartment and might buy a house in a few years! And we also have eachother! That's living the dream to me! : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wifeandmomof2.5
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 4:11 PM

My husband is pretty awesome but he is not quite "mechanically inclined".  lol He is a great problem solver but I fix the car :)  Vacations would include:  Hawaii, Bahamas, Cancun, anywhere tropical to literally sleep on the beach in a cabana for a week lol Also want to go on a big skiing trip to colorado.

Quoting BellaMama7:

I think that's so perfect when your able to be yourself 100% of the time while being married. Where are some of the vacations you want to go on?? I think for women being independent is important but also to understand that men (husbands) have urges to be the "bread winner" or being able to provide for their whole family, or even be there to fix even the little things.. Just some of my own insight.

Quoting wifeandmomof2.5:

Not trying to sound like super mom but my big dreams were to have children.  I never imagined finding a man to marry though.  I am a very independent woman who like to do all the "man  things" on my own but sure enough I found a man who allows me to be me.  I did however want to take some pretty great vacations which I still plan to do someday. Other then that all my NEW big dreams include my husband and my babies.

Molly
A young, happily married, busy, loving, silly, mama to two boys and an amazing baby girl.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 4:26 PM

My DS had some type of infection every month with high fevers of 103 each time. He lived on antibiotics. Then he developed asthma, it never ended with him. Years later when my third child was born it was discovered he must of have some type of an immune deficiency. My daughter was who was 10 years younger than he is has CVID, It's comparable to the boy in the bubble. Parts of her immune system don't work and some parts are missing.

Quoting BellaMama7:

Thats really good though that you were so young and thinking ahead, most teenagers really don't. I remember being one and thinking ahead but i never started school right away and actually never went back. When you say you had a sick baby what do you mean by that? I also had a child with major medical needs. I do think that the nurse should of been more supportive instead of trying to talk you out of that..

Quoting Janet:

I wanted to be a nurse. I had my first child when I was 17. I took and passed all the tests to get into nursing school. The head nurse of the school interviewed me and talked me out of school because I had a child! That was awful! I didn't realize that at the time. She ended up being right because I had a sick baby, but wasn't that just plain wrong?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN