Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Need some help for my dd =(

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:49 AM
  • 28 Replies

I really need some help and thought this would be a great place to start!! I know moms will understand where I am coming from and help me get things done!!

A little history on the story:

I recently had suspicions(big ones at that) that my ex-husband and his nephew were molesting my 7yr old daughter when my oldest kids were visiting with them.  There were huge signs of it and not to mention the things she told me.  Ex: her dad makes her take her pants off and makes her sleep with him even though she has her own room and bed with her brother and even though she says she doesn't want too.  She said she felt very uncomfortable with that.  He also loves to put very skimpy clothes on her that are not at all suitable for a 7yr old.  She also gets very upset when you ask her about what goes on up there and if she wants to go back.  She won't say much else.  There are lots more signs and incidents but I won't go into all those here.  Needless to say, I called the Department of Children and Families and wouldn't let them go back with him until I found it was safe.  The DCF sent a man to interview her!!!!  Well of course she wouldn't talk to him!! She barely says this stuff to me! I was uncomfortable telling him some of the things that have happened much less my 7yr old daughter.  I complained and tried to get them to send a counselor to talk to her because there is huge signs of brain washing as well.  They said they couldn't send a counselor because we aren't on medicaid so they closed our case.  I called and asked if they would please at least send a woman for her to talk to and they said no, that they cant' reopen a case. =( So this is where I am stuck and nothing is being done to protect my daughter.  Her father is filing contempt charges on me for not letting him see them.  I don't have over $3000 to get an attorney to fight this. I will figure out a way if I have to but I don't feel I should have to do that when crimes are being committed.  The state should help protect my children and they aren't!!  I have a petition going about this on change.org. (department-of-children-and-familiesstate) If you can take a moment to sign and pass it that would be great!!  If you have any advice at all please, please share!!  I am open to anything!!  Thank you for your time and God bless.

by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 1, 2011 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

How sad! You might want to take her pic off this post. It seems like you did the right thing but they really should have sent a woman. I can't believe they sent a guy. Well I definitely wouldn't let her go back to his house. I don't even know what to say unless you want to get really sinister. Good Luck!

happinessforyou
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Borrow, pawn, sell=get a lawyer. Good luck.

nana9106
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 9:14 AM
You should google child advocates. Have you taken her to her pediatrician? Maybe she would open up to her doctor. Also, you can call a woman's shelter, sometimes they have different resources. And find a good lawyer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clarkscreations
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Thank you ladies for the advice. I will look into all that for sure and will be doing everything to get a lawyer.  They will not go there without a fight!!  Yes, I have taken her to her doctor as well.  They informed me that her behavior is signs of molestation but she doesn't show any physical signs and since she wouldn't say anything to her doctor that they couldnt' really do much else.  That she would have to talk to a counselor.  I have called the woman's shelter here and they said they have to have a referral from DCF to talk with her =(  I called in another case with DCF and asked for a woman again and now they are treating the case as if I am the one harming them.  Questioning all 3 of my kids at school without my knowledge and with no one else in the room.  Which is what upsets me because how do I know what they are saying.  I don't trust them at all any longer and now I have 3 children upset because they did that. =(

Clarkscreations
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Why should I remove her photo?  Just curious. I have it on my petition as well to put a face with it.  That was one of the tips they told you to do when you file for a petition on there.  Should I remove it from the petition as well?

"How sad! You might want to take her pic off this post. It seems like you did the right thing but they really should have sent a woman. I can't believe they sent a guy. Well I definitely wouldn't let her go back to his house. I don't even know what to say unless you want to get really sinister. Good Luck!"

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 1, 2011 at 11:47 AM

I just kind of thought it was odd that you would have her picture with a story about her being molested.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 1, 2011 at 11:48 AM

It was like all her privacy was gone.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 1, 2011 at 12:10 PM
Do you have any rape crisis centers you can call locally? To me that seems like a load of BS about needing a DCF referral to speak to someone at the women's shelter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clarkscreations
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Oh, I see. I didn't think of it that way.  What kind of pic should I put with the petition?  Thank you, goddess99.

I have only 2 and contacted the one and that is what they said.  I need to contact the other and see what to do.  I just got off the phone with dcf and they said yet again, even with a woman, that Skyler didn't say anything and is telling them different things than she is telling me.  That they don't have anything to go on. =(

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 1, 2011 at 12:18 PM
The fact that they have DCF and not a counselor trained in this questioning your DD is all wrong.. It really sucks when the victims are the ones constantly forced through more crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN