Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What should I expect? I'm being induced at 8pm tonight (medical reasons, not elective) and I want to know what to expect. I've heard the pitocin makes your contractions worse and induction raises the chances of ending in a c-section

by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:54 AM
Replies (11-15):
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I was induces and ended up with a csection. Thinking back with everything I know now I could have probably had a vaginal birth, but I have a healthy son. I mostly felt uncomfortable, like I had to shit really really bad. Lol. But everyone is different and I wish you the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 4:34 PM

They gave me pitocin and nothing happened. I ended up having a c-section because I had severe preclampscia. I'm glad I had the c- section though I was not liking the idea of pushing a baby out of me. I really wanted the c-section though. Hope all goes well for you!

LovelyLauren55
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:25 PM

bump, ive never never induced

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:45 PM

I was induced with three of my four children. Two of those inductions were with pitocin. The contractions do come on hard and strong, but if they get too bad you can ask them to lower the drip for you. Also, don't be afraid of the epidural if you feel it is too much. 

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok...if your body is ready for labor, the likelihood of a c-section is small. I was induced with my last 2, no c-sections. I've had a completely natural labor, an induction with cervidil and an induction with Pitocin. The Pit induction was the WORST. I had no pain relief with my natural labor, I had epidurals with both of my inductions. Good luck!! No matter how the baby comes out, the pain is temporary and in the end you get an adorable baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)