Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

THE ULTIMATE XMAS DEBATE...

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:11 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Real or a fake tree???

Options:

Real

Fake

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

We have a 1 1/2 year old DS, and a 3 year old SD. REAL... OR FAKE TREE!?
We have only been married two years, a quarter of it he was deployed (including a xmas) so it's not like we have a ton of ornaments, and we don't really have a whole lot of money to be spending. We live in a smaller apartment, so we have no place to store a fake. One of us does not like the responsibility of the maintenance (the needles, the water, etc), but the other wants the REAL (not from a bottle or can) scent of a tree. There is a large corner of our living room opened up for a tree of any size. I just need some mommy opinions!!!
christmas tree

by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:26 PM

The one that wants the smell of a real tree can do the maintenance.  Given the ages involved I'd go long needle if its a real one, because the short needles hurt and in some people can cause a rash when you are stuck by them.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:39 PM

We got a massive fake tree a couple years ago after christmas when they went 50% off. It ended up being a good fair price for a gorgeous tree.

I say fake all the way. Plus real trees are so expensive and only last a month. For almost the same price you could get a tree you'll have for the next decade.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:42 PM
We do fake. With my toddling terror there is no way we could do a real one this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:45 PM
Real but fake this year cause dh is gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:55 PM
Real all the way. I've never in my life had a fake one. I like the fun of going out to the woods and finding a tree and then cutting it down. It's a tradition we've had since DH and I's first christmas. Love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanielleMcNulty
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Well that's a little difficult for us. We live in a big city for one, and for two we have no tools to cut down a tree! lol 

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 12:05 AM
Lol...we go to a tree farm, they supply the saws. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Fake

Aleta775
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:44 AM

I would like to get a real tree, but they are pricey and they shed lots of needles. So, for now, we are using fake trees. Perhaps when we finally get a house we will be able to get a nice big tree that is real. They smell really nice. ;)

wnsweet
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 6:16 AM

real is better fake is easier and safer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)