Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

A mom needing a girlfriends advice...

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:28 PM
  • 10 Replies
I had a situation happen and I don't a lot of friends where I can ask this to.
I have a childhood friend that is going through hard times and had to move back home with her parents.
I visit her and try to help her when ever or with what ever possible. I really do go over the top with her b/c of her situation financially and emotionlly.
I'm a mobile nail tech, and this one occasion I was going to see a client near her house, so I told her that I could take her daughter for 2hrs while she did school work and she could play with the kids where I would be working. Her is 7yrs old and my son is 6yrs. We get to my client's house and I explain to the girl that she must stay inside b/c she already wanted to stay outside. 30min into the appt. I run outside and she's in the neighbors yard playing with other kids. I yelled for her to come back inside and made it clear again to play only inside with the girls, that stayed inside the whole time watching me work. I had cartoons on for her. 1hr into the appt. My sons said, mom, where's ari? I go to the living room and she's not there. We ran outside all yelling her name. No answer. I ran to ask the neighbor and no one saw her. I quickly call her mom, to come so she could call her incase she was playing hide in go seek and was joking around not answering to her name. Her mom comes running down the street with the child's grandfather yelling at me where her daughter was. I was a nervous wreak. Just then the little girl opens the car door and jumps out yelling, what! I'm playing on the DS.....the grandfather tells the mom to not spank the daughter but to go home. Which she did and hasn't spoken to me since. Next day, I send her a text, if she is angry with me or not talking with me anymore. I'm have been stressed out and upset....
I don't know how to solve this or even what to say. I'm a complete mess.
Please help me, I tried to be a good friend and do a good thing by helping and end up like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pammi86
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this

You were being helpful to even take the girl! Things happen. I would let it go and she if she comes around. The girl should be in trouble, not you!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this.

Quoting Pammi86:

You were being helpful to even take the girl! Things happen. I would let it go and she if she comes around. The girl should be in trouble, not you!

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe just give her a little time to cool off. If the tables were turned you would probably have been a nervous wreck over what happened with your child too. Kwim?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Ah I guess I agree with the other replies....

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, give her some time to think about it after she cools down.

noryg
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:38 AM
Thanks everyone.....I will do just that. I'm very grateful for your advices.....thanks friends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting splatz:

Maybe just give her a little time to cool off. If the tables were turned you would probably have been a nervous wreck over what happened with your child too. Kwim?

I agree with this. Just let her cool down. It must have been very frightening to be called and told that your child is missing.  I am sorry that things happened this way for you. Hopefully things will turn around for you soon. :)

MonsterNBoogie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:20 PM

As everyone has said, some cooling off time couldn't hurt. But I do have to ask, is this the first time you've watched her child? The only reason I ask, is because if it is, without knowing whether or not the child will listen to you or your rules before taking her to a place where you're preoccupied was IMO a little irresponsible. That said, the child is 7 years old and should know right from wrong. She should be in just as much "trouble" for lack of a better word. All in all, you were just trying to be a good friend, and if she really and truly considers you a friend this will eventually blow over. Try not to beat yourself up over it, it won't help anything. You'll just end up feeling worse. And lets not forget, you're human, we all are, and we all make mistakes the best thing we can do is to learn and grow from them.

noryg
by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 12:32 AM
No, this wasn't the first time that I have watched her. Just that this time I was at someone's house she had never been to.

My friend did see me two days later but she just said hi and didn't say anything else. So I'm taking it, as she doesn't want forget. She also ignored my daughter saying hi to her one morning at school.
I've seen her daughter already at school and she was soooo happy to see me and Gao e me a hug. She even asked me if I was there to pick her up.
I'm heart broken about her reaction to all this. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noryg
by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 12:33 AM
No, this wasn't the first time that I have watched her. Just that this time I was at someone's house she had never been to.

My friend did see me two days later but she just said hi and didn't say anything else. So I'm taking it, as she doesn't want forget. She also ignored my daughter saying hi to her one morning at school.
I've seen her daughter already at school and she was soooo happy to see me and Gao e me a hug. She even asked me if I was there to pick her up.
I'm heart broken about her reaction to all this. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN