Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you believe in the law of attraction?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:36 AM
  • 8 Replies
Ok, so yesterday most of day was spent in traffic running errands. I have a very active and talkative 4 year old son, which is typical. He loves playing with and crashing his toy cars. The whole time I'm driving he's saying " Mommy crash, crash that car!" And "Mommy, you're gonna crash." "Drive faster mommy!" I was going nuts with all this crash talk! So I explained to him, that if I drive faster that I could crash, ( it had rained mostly all day, so I was driving slowly) so stop talking about it! He stopped for a few minutes, but would start it all up again.

We finally get to leave our last destination to go home Crazy Wal Mart to go home. On the road leaving from Wal Mart, I get into a car accident. It was very minor. The lady's car I hit only had scratches, no dents. My car same thing, but was still a pain. I apologized to the lady, nonetheless she was very upset. I would probably be the same way.

To make a long day short, I know this car accident happened from me being tired and not paying enough attention. I don't believe that my son is psychic, so that's out the window. I am a Bible believing Christian. I don't believe in that popular movie, " the secret. " I told my sister what happened and she mentioned "the law of attraction."

I'm just curious what your thoughts are. Do you believe in the "law of attraction?"
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:58 AM
I don't think he had anything to do with it and things just happen!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:19 PM

I don't know if I believe in that. Never really thought about it before. I think your experience was a weird coincidence.

3690inspire
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:40 PM
Yeah, it was really weird!
snuggiewoogie
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:54 PM

This kinda stuff happens here and there with my husband and sometimes it just really is very odd and maybe he just has a sick sense about certain things!

Allebas
by Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I know someone whose child told her she was PREGNANT 3 different times BEFORE my friend even missed her period and also told her the SEX of the baby then also and was CORRECT ALL THREE TIMES!! He's told COMPLETE STRANGERS what sex their baby was going to be when he's seen pregnant women in public!!! IDK what happened with your son and that accident!! GLAD no one was hurt!!

3690inspire
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:53 PM
[q

uote name="Allebas" id="0"]

I know someone whose child told her she was PREGNANT 3 different times BEFORE my friend even missed her period and also told her the SEX of the baby then also and was CORRECT ALL THREE TIMES!! He's told COMPLETE STRANGERS what sex their baby was going to be when he's seen pregnant women in public!!! IDK what happened with your son and that accident!! GLAD no one was hurt!!

[/quote]

Thanks, the kiddos were more shocked than hurt. I forgot to mention I had both of them with me.

Oh wow! It amazes me how much kids know sometimes. Especially now I'm really gonna pay extra attention to him when he talks. I think it's a gift. :-)
3690inspire
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:26 PM
Quoting snuggiewoogie:

This kinda stuff happens here and there with my husband and sometimes it just really is very odd and maybe he just has a sick sense about certain things!

I bet that's interesting to be married to someone with that gift. Does it get to his head sometimes?
snuggiewoogie
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Quoting 3690inspire:

Quoting snuggiewoogie:

I bet that's interesting to be married to someone with that gift. Does it get to his head sometimes?

If he calls something and it actually happens that way he'll be like see I told you so, I knew it, I was so right....... Ya know that kinda stuff! Then he'll say I warned you, you never listen to me! It is kinda weird this does not happen all the time but when it does you never hear the end of it! lol..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)