Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Body After C-Section

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:37 AM
  • 7 Replies

My name is Lexi, I'll be having a c-section on Monday (if you want to find out why read this: http://www.cafemom.com/group/113879/forums/read/15492738/Inducing_failure)

(Please no bashing and please don't say stuff like "why don't you just wait?" our mind is made up.)

Anyway, my question is about your stomach. I know they now (usually) cut at the bikini line but my cousin (who had 2 c-sections, a little over a year apart) her stomach looks like a wrinkly pouch and so are the other moms I've seen who have had c-sections. I wanted know if anyone had tips for tightening/toning your stomach after a c-section? I'm not all about exercise and looks and all, trust me, but I have a lot of physical insecureties with myself and this would just add to it, since I already got a ton of stretch marks from this. So any advice would be helpful, thanks!! 

I'm just a tad obsessed with penguins...
its a girl Due: Dec 4

by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:42 AM

BUMP

OliviasMommy611
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:42 AM
I've never had one but good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xanthian41691
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Thanks!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 5, 2011 at 1:12 AM
I had one in May. I'm a bigger girl already but mine is not winkly! They say you will always have a pooch but sit ups can help. Got to tone your tummy and let me tell ya it won't be for awhile! C sections are very painful and even now at 6 months later I have some pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 5, 2011 at 1:16 AM
Btw I just read your story! My labor was so much like yours but after all of that and the highest dose of pitocin I never got past a 2! I was in labor for 24 hrs and finally the dr called it quits and did the c section. Turns out my daughter was positioned oddly and her head kept hitting my pelvis and there was no was she was coming out on her own! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I had to have a c section because my dd was in a breech position and would not turn. When I had mine, they cut on the bikini line like you described. I had a lot of soreness and pain afterwards, but the sight of the scar is not wrinkled up like I thought it would be. I have sort of a dark reddish line there and that's all. You will probably have a pouch for a little while and that can be tightened up with crunches and exercise. I was over weight when I got pregnant and I still haven't lost all the weight I want to loose, but I don't care. LOL. I got a wonderful little girl for my troubles and she is SO worth it.

The only thing that kind of bugs me is that the scar will tingle sometimes. It doesn't hurt, it just feels a little weird. My dd is now 2.5 years old. I wish you the best.

night.magic
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 7:22 PM

I've had two and yes. I hate the way it left my stomach looking. Try wearing some panty briefs ( a little snug) after having your baby for a while. Good luck. 

high wasted panties  can help support your stomach after birth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)