Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

National Dice Day

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:49 PM
  • 2 Replies

Roll 'em! (National Dice Day)

December 4th every year is National Dice Day in the United States. National Dice Day is a great day to sit down and enjoy a game that includes dice. While the origins of the holiday remain a mystery, there are many games to play that involve dice. Dice have been around for more than 5000 years and have been a part of many popular games.

National Dice Day is a great time to have the family gather together and have a game night. Many families have a weekly game night; this is great way to have family time. To me family time is so crucial to the way a family runs. If you are not spending time together as a family then the dynamics of your family will not be as strong as those families that spend the quality family time together.

There are many games that use dice as a part of the game. The most popular game to day has to be Monopoly, and this involves rolling the dice to determine how many spaces you can move on the board. There are many games that use the dice to determine the spaces you can move on a game board. There are games that are focused for children, young adults, and adults. Then there are the games that a perfect for all ages.

There are other games such as Yahtzee where he dice are the game. You roll them and create different sets, and different combinations of the dice. This is a great game to play on National Dice Day, because it is played using only dice, paper and a pen.

On National Dice Day you should definitely make time to gather the family together and spend family time and play a few games that involve dice in the game. I just love the fun that you can have sitting around the table or on the floor and playing a game with my children.

by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 4, 2011 at 1:57 PM

I love Yahtzee.

itsblissmas
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Cool post even though I'm a day late. I collect dice (of ALL kinds). LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN