Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What do the lonley do for Christmas?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

If you are a single mother, getting through the holidays can be tricky. Here are some tips to help you truly enjoy the holidays.

http://www.examiner.com/single-mom-in-houston/what-do-the-lonley-do-for-christmas

by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Pooobaihr
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:01 PM
2 moms liked this

:D I just make sure that when I go shopping, I buy myself a nice big bottle of rum / whiskey / vodka OR 6pk.. :D  Find something online to look at and enjoy my night. Thats what I do.

inertia
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel that! But don't forget our family does want to see you and the kid(s). One of the things they talk about in the article that I find to be true. When we become single parents we close ourselves off. Maybe some of us were treated bad so we stop being around family. If that is the case it is Christ mas! Lets move on! The babies need to know their folks. The holidays is a great time for that.

Thanks for your comment.

Happy Holidays!

wink

OliviasMommy611
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:26 PM
Lol love it

Quoting Pooobaihr:

:D I just make sure that when I go shopping, I buy myself a nice big bottle of rum / whiskey / vodka OR 6pk.. :D  Find something online to look at and enjoy my night. Thats what I do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 7:57 PM

My parents come by. Since my boys fathers are around, some holidays I don't have my kids. Well, my youngest stays home with me (but thats a totally different depressing subject), but he enjoys himself with my mom and such.

As far as the rest of the family. I don't have a car to go see them and.... I don't like being around them for the holidays. It always turns out like what you see in the movies and I'm the type of person that doesn't like mess, unless its a good book Im reading.

Quoting inertia:

I feel that! But don't forget our family does want to see you and the kid(s). One of the things they talk about in the article that I find to be true. When we become single parents we close ourselves off. Maybe some of us were treated bad so we stop being around family. If that is the case it is Christ mas! Lets move on! The babies need to know their folks. The holidays is a great time for that.

Thanks for your comment.

Happy Holidays!

wink

Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 5, 2011 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)