Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much awake time does a normal 2 month old have?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:12 PM
  • 9 Replies
My 2 month old was up from 6 pm until maybe 5 min ago. With little cat naps in there. WTF? Oh forgot to mention...hes awake again!!! WTF!?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 5, 2011 at 12:50 AM
Every baby has a different schedule. My daughter slept all day and was up all night until 1 month, then she started sleeping through the night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsblissmas
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 10:12 AM

I agree with the PP about babies having different schedules. Good luck to you. =)

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 5, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Omgoodness... Yikes. yeah my dd slept alot. Hmm maybe he's gassy or wet or a hundred other things...? Idk. Hopefully he sleeps soon.

i01proof1214
by on Dec. 5, 2011 at 8:41 PM

every child is different come days my son would only be awake for liek 3 hours others he would be awake for only short periods of tuime. each kid is different and they sleep less as they grow

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2011 at 10:25 PM
I should know all this. lol Its been 2 1/2 yrs tho. In a way Im re-learning some things. Thank you for your support. It is much appreciated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 5, 2011 at 11:19 PM
My 1 year old and my 6 year old were polar opposites on the sleep spectrum. So I have no idea what would be considered "normal".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:27 AM

their sleep is very immature so catnaps are normal.  i would recommend establishing a routine - different from a sleep schedule - so that he learns when it's time to sleep and when it's time to play.  what i mean is, when it's time to sleep, dim the lights, play soft music, and do the same thing every time before nap and before bedtime.

for example, when my dd was born, i established a bedtime routine from day 1.  i would also watch her for when she got tired (rubbing eyes, yawning, low activity etc) and immediately get her ready for sleep.  for bed routine, we did bath, dimmed the lights, low voices/whispering, bottle, swaddle and then bed.  i did that every time before sleep and as she got older, she learned what these sleep cues meant.  when she was 6mos, i put her on a sleep schedule but before that, i went with her needs and never kept her up longer than 2hrs between naps.  i also instilled an early bedtime so she would be in bed no later than 630pm.

USAFamily
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM

This is exactly what I was thinking. Make him go to sleep the same time every day. I would usually make the house quiet, bathe them everyday before actual bedtime, but most importantly, my kids went to bed and napped at the same time every day. When my oldest was in daycare, I would make her nap at home during the same time they napped at daycare.

Now (at 3 and 6) my girls sleep like clockwork. It's all they have ever known.

Good luck!

Quoting itsm3:

their sleep is very immature so catnaps are normal.  i would recommend establishing a routine - different from a sleep schedule - so that he learns when it's time to sleep and when it's time to play.  what i mean is, when it's time to sleep, dim the lights, play soft music, and do the same thing every time before nap and before bedtime.

for example, when my dd was born, i established a bedtime routine from day 1.  i would also watch her for when she got tired (rubbing eyes, yawning, low activity etc) and immediately get her ready for sleep.  for bed routine, we did bath, dimmed the lights, low voices/whispering, bottle, swaddle and then bed.  i did that every time before sleep and as she got older, she learned what these sleep cues meant.  when she was 6mos, i put her on a sleep schedule but before that, i went with her needs and never kept her up longer than 2hrs between naps.  i also instilled an early bedtime so she would be in bed no later than 630pm.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:43 AM

They are all different, believe me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)