Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I lied to my 12 year old today

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:53 AM
  • 16 Replies

I told him all his Christmas presents are being stored at a neighbors house. I figure this will prevent him from snooping any time soon.

Do you find yourself lying to your kids this time of year?

gift

by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM

No but I do find myself snickering behind their backs. For example: my 8 year old has been bugging her older sister to play with older sister's microscope. The answer is always no and I have to listen to the same argument over it every day. So when out Christmas shopping I got the 8 year old her own that comes with prepared slides and a case to keep everything in.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Well, I do definitely try to tell them something to throw them off to keep down the peek factor.

USAFamily
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Well, I tell them Santa is real, so some would say that's lying.

s.adams83
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:19 AM

My 8 year old son asked me if Santa was real and I ask him what do you think, he said yes, but some Santas have fake beards and the real Santa has a real beard.  So there, I got out of actually lying to him. lol. Bu tI have in the past told them that Santa was real.  

mrskelby
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:31 AM

When I was about 11 years old, my brother and I always used to try and find the presents that my mom and dad would get us.  One day a few weeks before  Christmas, my mom caught us snooping through her closet (which was where they were).  She asked us if we really wanted to know what we got for Christmas she would give them to us right then and my brother and I jumped on that, because seriously, who wouldn't want their presents right?  She put the bags on her bed (they weren't wrapped yet) and said, "Here ya go, Merry Christmas."  We were happy to have the gifts, but I guess we thought she didn't give us all of them because on Christmas morning we woke up, all excited.  Went downstairs, no gifts under the tree.  Went to wake up the 'rents and my mom said there wasn't any reason for them to get up early because we already had our gifts.  We were so bummed, but we learned our lessons and never snooped again. 

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Nope, mine are only 6 and 1 though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hottamales4
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 11:27 AM

I wouldn't go as far as say Lying i would rather say pull-in there leg or fibbing lol. I have to do this all the time kids are nosey and always wanting to be up in the biz i have a 5yr old 10 yr old 12 yr old and one that is turning 13 on Fri. so i get what ya mean 

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 6, 2011 at 1:08 PM

I'm still feeding into the fact that my dd still believes in Santa.

snuggiewoogie
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 1:57 PM

My daughter is 8 she is having some doubt's about Santa. I'm trying to keep it going for as long as I can.

santa blue

itsm3
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 2:26 PM

all the time.  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)