Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I lied to my 12 year old today

Posted by   + Show Post

I told him all his Christmas presents are being stored at a neighbors house. I figure this will prevent him from snooping any time soon.

Do you find yourself lying to your kids this time of year?

gift

by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:53 AM
Replies (11-16):
MissyB1011
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Yep. DD suspects that we bought her an American Girl doll for Christmas. It has been sitting at my parents' house since July, but I have flat out denied to DD.

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Where did you find that?? My DD would love that!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

No but I do find myself snickering behind their backs. For example: my 8 year old has been bugging her older sister to play with older sister's microscope. The answer is always no and I have to listen to the same argument over it every day. So when out Christmas shopping I got the 8 year old her own that comes with prepared slides and a case to keep everything in.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Dec. 6, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Toys-r-us has it for $30 it's not a great one but it will suit her purposes. There is a Meade I didn't find until later at Hobby Lobby for the same price. The Meade will probably have a better picture even though it's the same magnification because they specialize in Telescopes and Microscopes.

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Where did you find that?? My DD would love that!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

No but I do find myself snickering behind their backs. For example: my 8 year old has been bugging her older sister to play with older sister's microscope. The answer is always no and I have to listen to the same argument over it every day. So when out Christmas shopping I got the 8 year old her own that comes with prepared slides and a case to keep everything in.

Pink-Diamond
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:27 PM

I have told the boys the little white lie about Santa being real. As well as the Easter Bunny...

Also one year when my three boys were very young I actually placed their wrapped presents under their beds... Their rooms were messy anyway so I knew they wouldn't even look under them. LOL!

When I told them where I hid the presents they couldn't believe it! They had been looking all over our house and even next door at their Grandparents! Ha - ha - ha - ha!   :)

Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:45 PM
My dd is only 6 months so no worries there yet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvermoon2386
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 3:44 AM

LOL I do that to my husband. Last year I told him I had his "big" gift shipped to my sister's house so that he wouldn't find it. This year I already told him one is at work and one is at my mother's. My ds is only 9 months so I don't have to lie to him yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)