Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

So, should I take a hint?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM
  • 12 Replies

Yesterday, Dh came home from work and let me know he got me a gym membership. He did for himself as well, but made it clear he wanted me to go too.... at first I was kind of offended, but honestly, I am laughing my butt off now lol. I asked him if he thought I was fat and he was like 'you're reading too much into this', but seriously, what else could he mean?!

I'm not mad though, it's kind of like the year I got a carpet cleaner for Christmas lol.

M2mMelissa

by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Maybe he just wants you to go with him. Or maybe he thinks it will help him stay motivated to go if you are going too. My sister gave me a membership once so she wouldn't have to go alone.

USAFamily
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:00 AM

That is DEFINITELY a possibility. We are both pretty competitive, and I already told him I thought I could lose more weight than him this month. So now it's game on lol

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Maybe he just wants you to go with him. Or maybe he thinks it will help him stay motivated to go if you are going too. My sister gave me a membership once so she wouldn't have to go alone.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Yes, something you can do together:)

RMT1995
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:02 AM

I think it would have been waaaay worse if he only got it for you and NOT himself! Are you into health/fitness? My husband and I am, and if he came home with something gym-related (we already go to one), I'd be psyched and not offended at all. But if you're someone who has never shown any interest in working out, then I'd wonder what his motives were.

Although, judging by the piece of you I can see on your profile pic, it doesn't look like you'll be confused with a whale any time soon! ;)

USAFamily
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:05 AM

I am seriously the least healthy person I know. It's so bad. He has to be since he is in the military. Thank God I have a good metabolism.... but I have told him lately I'd like to get in better shape. I think he was trying really hard to be thoughtful and include me, but this is SUCH a man thing to do lol! What girl wants a gym membership from their husband!? This will be a great story when my girls are older lol!

Quoting RMT1995:

I think it would have been waaaay worse if he only got it for you and NOT himself! Are you into health/fitness? My husband and I am, and if he came home with something gym-related (we already go to one), I'd be psyched and not offended at all. But if you're someone who has never shown any interest in working out, then I'd wonder what his motives were.

Although, judging by the piece of you I can see on your profile pic, it doesn't look like you'll be confused with a whale any time soon! ;)

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Exactally what I was thinking..

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

yourpassion
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:10 AM

i'm right there with you (as i am drinking my diet coke)!  i'm riding the "good genes" rollercoaster right now.  but i want to tone up...just haven't been dedicated enough yet.

Quoting USAFamily:

I am seriously the least healthy person I know. It's so bad. He has to be since he is in the military. Thank God I have a good metabolism.... but I have told him lately I'd like to get in better shape. I think he was trying really hard to be thoughtful and include me, but this is SUCH a man thing to do lol! What girl wants a gym membership from their husband!? This will be a great story when my girls are older lol!

Quoting RMT1995:

USAFamily
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Amen! Thank God for my Mom. She weighed under 130 until she turned 40! Then it was all down hill.... so he can dump me then lmao

Quoting yourpassion:

i'm right there with you (as i am drinking my diet coke)!  i'm riding the "good genes" rollercoaster right now.  but i want to tone up...just haven't been dedicated enough yet.

Quoting USAFamily:

Quoting RMT1995:

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 6, 2011 at 1:16 PM

LOL

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 1:18 PM

LOL.  Maybe he means that he wants you to encourage him to go?  *wink wink

Or maybe it was one of those "bad advice" type of gifts a friend told him about.

"Get her a gym membership.  B*tches love gym memberships!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)