Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Holiday spending

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 8:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

How do you decide how much to spend on your kids or how many gifts to get?

by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:02 PM

I'm not sure how we decide on what to spend. We just do the best we can and try to make sure it ends up about even.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Well my dd is getting older so the cost of her gifts is pretty high. We pretty much get what she askes for. I start early enough so money isn't much of an issue. This is the 1st year though that she isn't getting a bunch of gifts. Her list wasn't huge but it was pricy.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:45 PM
I try to make sure they have a close amount of gifts. They are to small to know anything about amounts and the baby is happy with a $5 toy where ds wants one that is $20 etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bootifuldisastr
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I don't know how I do it...this year I threw a bunch of crap on lay a way and after it is all said and done...I might be exchaning/returning some things...I just try to make it even with all three kids but with the oldest being 13 it can be hard....

Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:51 PM
This is my first year buying for our baby bc well its her first Christmas! I have picked up things here and there and even while I was prego. I spent about $300 with gifts, clothes and stocking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

We set a budget and stuck to it. This year we decided on $100. I like to get one big gift and then a few little ones. This year our dd has three gifts total and her stocking. Some of her stuff I got at the Dollar tree. Her big gift is an easel. I'm hoping that the grandparents get the accessories for it.

LivinDeadGurl
Starting a new job next month! So excited!
Yesterday at 11:56 PM
by Maranda on Dec. 7, 2011 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this

There is no deciding involved. We spend what we can afford.

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 11:03 AM
This

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

There is no deciding involved. We spend what we can afford.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsblissmas
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 12:34 PM

This pretty much!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

I'm not sure how we decide on what to spend. We just do the best we can and try to make sure it ends up about even.

USAFamily
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I really don't have a set amount, and I have no clue how many presents each kid gets-I don't count them.

I don't spend a lot though (IMO). This year for Christmas total I am spending around 300$ on the whole family. In our home we try not to emphasize only gift giving, but also the religious aspect of Christmas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)