Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

what to or not to take

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

I want to make sure that im ready to have this baby. I'm having a planned csection with tubal ligation also. what would you recommend taking to the hospital with me for me and baby? what would you not take?

by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:43 PM
For you..
Travel shampoo and soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, a brush, makeup (if you are into that sort of thing), slippers, phone charger, camera, extra batteries, and some comfy clothes for while you are there and to come home in.

For baby- outfit for pictures/coming home, baby book for footprints, hat, and a nice warm blanket. You can probably get away with leaving the diaper bag in the car.
An extra pillow and a boppy might be nice too.

We ended up with so much stuff at the hospital it was overwhelming. It was sweet of people to bring gifts. But we had so much to lug home at the end so I was wishing I had stuck to basics for what I packed. A big duffle bag might make getting all the extras you didn't come with easier to get home though.

Good luck and congrats! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:26 PM

I did the same thing and was in the hospital for at least 5 days, could have been longer, I just don't remember. I brought movies to watch (for before things got going), slippers, robe, comfy clothes for the car ride home (over 60 miles), camera, a little money, pads I liked, nursing pads, magazines, everyones phone number, notebook, pen. For dd I had car seat, a cute going home outfit, blankets, I got stuff from the hospital so I didn't really bring much. That's all I can remember.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:47 PM
I agree with this! I will say that my boppy was a waste of space there though! They preferred I used pillows to start bf first.

Quoting splatz:

For you..

Travel shampoo and soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, a brush, makeup (if you are into that sort of thing), slippers, phone charger, camera, extra batteries, and some comfy clothes for while you are there and to come home in.

For baby- outfit for pictures/coming home, baby book for footprints, hat, and a nice warm blanket. You can probably get away with leaving the diaper bag in the car.

An extra pillow and a boppy might be nice too.

We ended up with so much stuff at the hospital it was overwhelming. It was sweet of people to bring gifts. But we had so much to lug home at the end so I was wishing I had stuck to basics for what I packed. A big duffle bag might make getting all the extras you didn't come with easier to get home though.

Good luck and congrats! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 6, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Oh! I totally forgot about nursing pads. Those were a life saver.

Quoting goddess99:

I did the same thing and was in the hospital for at least 5 days, could have been longer, I just don't remember. I brought movies to watch (for before things got going), slippers, robe, comfy clothes for the car ride home (over 60 miles), camera, a little money, pads I liked, nursing pads, magazines, everyones phone number, notebook, pen. For dd I had car seat, a cute going home outfit, blankets, I got stuff from the hospital so I didn't really bring much. That's all I can remember.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN