Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

quick question for those in school for nursing or health related filelds

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:12 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am taking a math class right now at the tech school to get my math up so i can enter the nursing program by fall of next year. And while i am doing general ed classes i wanted to start my pre req classes and one of them i was gonna take is medical terminology now this class is not needed nor is it in the program but everyone suggested i take it. Would you take a pay for a class thats not on your program if it might help you with the nursing classes once you get in?? Or would you take a pre req class on the program???

Do you raise your family on a budget?? Then come join us at sahms on a budget!!! click on the pic below

by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 6, 2011 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP

blessedfamily06
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:18 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amykay78
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:25 AM

I would think it should be required for nursing. I actually am currently taking medical terminology. I take online classes so I'm trying to cram it in 5 weeks. I would say if your able to take it, do it. I think it would probably benefit you for some of your other medical classes.

blessedfamily06
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Thanks ya its required for the registerd nurse program here but not the practical nursing werid eh? but ya i am gonna take it thanks!

Quoting Amykay78:

I would think it should be required for nursing. I actually am currently taking medical terminology. I take online classes so I'm trying to cram it in 5 weeks. I would say if your able to take it, do it. I think it would probably benefit you for some of your other medical classes.

Do you raise your family on a budget?? Then come join us at sahms on a budget!!! click on the pic below

Scubababy2004
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 8:53 AM

I took Medical Terminology under the circumstances you are talking about.  I didn't NEED it, but lots of people recommended it.  After I got in the program I learned why they said to take it.  In the program I was in, 1st semester you have to take a math test and a medical terminology test.  If you took the course and passed with and A or a B, you didn't have to take the test during 1st semester.  I saw the test they had to take, and it was WAY harder than the course was.  I didn't have to take that test cause I had already taken the course.  It freed me up to study for the math test, which was my bigger concern anyway.  In the end, the extra class saved me a lot of stress during the program.

Good Luck

Amykay78
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Good Luck!! Taking the online classes is kind of tricky. I hope I'm studying the right material for certification.

Quoting blessedfamily06:

Thanks ya its required for the registerd nurse program here but not the practical nursing werid eh? but ya i am gonna take it thanks!

Quoting Amykay78:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN