Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your thoughts on this...

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 3:39 AM
  • 13 Replies
I recently got engaged to a great guy(Shawn). I've know him since I was 13. We dated in high school then went seperate ways. I married an idiot...but I did get the best part of him 2 daughters. Lol. We divorced & Shawn has moved back here for me. I adore him, he's so good to me & my girls. One thing really bothers me. He has no kids of his own & I can't have anymore. He swears it doesn't bother him & he considers my girls our girls. He's better to them then their DNA dad. I can't help it but it bothers me he will never have a child of his own. He says that the day I had my tubes tied (then a hysterectomy) he knew he'd never have kids because he never stopped loving me& I was the only one he would ever wanted kids with(we have a huge history so I know he's being truthful). But still it bothers me. He's an only child. I love his parents they are better to me then my own. But part of me is afraid he'll have regrets one day. I had a realty bad marriage & it's taking a long time for me to accept a man can be good to you.
Would it bother you that he doesn't have a child of his own knowing you can't give him one? When we talk about he threatens to have a vasectomy to prove his point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 3:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nakoal87
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:23 AM

No. I don't see where you are coming from on this one. I was engaged 3 times and just cause they didn't have kids didn't mean that I wanted to give them any either. Your case? You do but I dunno, I just don't get it.

nana9106
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:25 AM
If he says it's not a problem, and he loves you, then you should believe him. If he decides that he wants a child with you y'all can always adopt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amykay78
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:29 AM

I agree with her. Another option would be finding a surrogate if it became a problem.

Quoting nana9106:

If he says it's not a problem, and he loves you, then you should believe him. If he decides that he wants a child with you y'all can always adopt.

coolbreeze0717
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Let it go & enjoy what you've got.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 8:22 AM

I'm going through the same thing as you! My fiance doesn't have kids and I may have to have a hyster and he says the same as yours does. It still bothers though. 

He says he wouldn't regret, but I'm worried he'll leave so he can have a baby.

momofsixangels
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 8:42 AM

I understand but he says it doesnt bother him.I would just be happy and enjoy life.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:14 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting nana9106:

wreath     

Janet
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:25 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting coolbreeze0717:

Let it go & enjoy what you've got.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Nope doesn't bother me. I have 1 dd and can not have more. I met my dh 3-4 years after having my dd. He knew and he didn't have any kids. He didn't care and always said that. I believe him. So we got married a couple years later. I hope you're not looking for an excuse to not be with him. Because this isn't worth that.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:47 AM
SO always said he wanted 2 of his own.
He treats DS like his own and says he's happy with my ds and our dd. I'm not sure if I really want another or not.

But, I do wonder if he really does want another that is biologically his. He says he is happy with our 2. But, I just don't know.. He was adopted, so I feel like having biological family is really important to him. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)