Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What's your thoughts on this...

Posted by   + Show Post
I recently got engaged to a great guy(Shawn). I've know him since I was 13. We dated in high school then went seperate ways. I married an idiot...but I did get the best part of him 2 daughters. Lol. We divorced & Shawn has moved back here for me. I adore him, he's so good to me & my girls. One thing really bothers me. He has no kids of his own & I can't have anymore. He swears it doesn't bother him & he considers my girls our girls. He's better to them then their DNA dad. I can't help it but it bothers me he will never have a child of his own. He says that the day I had my tubes tied (then a hysterectomy) he knew he'd never have kids because he never stopped loving me& I was the only one he would ever wanted kids with(we have a huge history so I know he's being truthful). But still it bothers me. He's an only child. I love his parents they are better to me then my own. But part of me is afraid he'll have regrets one day. I had a realty bad marriage & it's taking a long time for me to accept a man can be good to you.
Would it bother you that he doesn't have a child of his own knowing you can't give him one? When we talk about he threatens to have a vasectomy to prove his point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 3:39 AM
Replies (11-13):
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM
Both of these...

Quoting Amykay78:

I agree with her. Another option would be finding a surrogate if it became a problem.

Quoting nana9106:

If he says it's not a problem, and he loves you, then you should believe him. If he decides that he wants a child with you y'all can always adopt.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angblake76
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 1:17 PM
Thanks ladies. I need to just enjoy him & let it be. I don't think he'll regret it but that will alway be in the back of my mind. Im lucky he's good to me & his parents are also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 7, 2011 at 3:17 PM
I agree with this! Enjoy eachother and if he ever does change his mind there are plenty of options! Good luck! : )

Quoting Amykay78:

I agree with her. Another option would be finding a surrogate if it became a problem.

Quoting nana9106:

If he says it's not a problem, and he loves you, then you should believe him. If he decides that he wants a child with you y'all can always adopt.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN