Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Where has my Christmas cheer gone? And my outside lights!!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:18 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hello! Merry Christmas! Or Happy Hollidays! Which ever u prefer.lol!!

Usually Christmas is my holliday. I just love this time of year. Especially after the first snow. Which we got just the other day. But for some reason im just not feeling it this year. I dont know what it is. Im not looking forward to christmas shopping. Its not that we cant afford it. Its just that i dont know what to get the kids that they wont get bored of in a month. Like my oldest wants the harry potter lego castle. Its 120.00. Hell put it together and never touch it again. stuff like that. Video games are another one thats on all the kids lists. Like they dont play games all the time anyway.. phones, Ipads, Its all just to much.. I so miss when they were little and a pack of cars would keep them intertained for hours.. lol

I did put up my christmas tree. Me all by myself. As i guess the kids and df arnt in the mood for decorating either.. And i cant find my outside lights!!  I thought they were in the box with the blow up snow man and the candy cane lights but nope..Looked everywhere and they are no where to be found.! Guess the candy canes and snow man are going to have to work this year.

Anyway, rant over.. lol

by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:25 AM

That's ok...I go back and forth between feeling super holiday-ish to oh well...it will come...

mom_dl6
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:29 AM

This is my Dreadful time of the year,not really in the mood either! :/

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:34 AM

My dd can be the same way. Play with something once and then not touch it again. Good luck finding your lights.

alswan
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Thanks ladies! Im glad im not the only one not feeling the christmas cheer this year. Im not a scruge by any means and im sure it will come. Things are just so up in the air this year. I have a ton of things running thru my mind.. hard to turn it off sometimes.. lol      As for the kids and there presents, We will do what we can.  The lights can stay hidden!! lol ill put up the snowman and the candycanes and be done with it..

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:21 AM
I'm still not in the Christmas mood yet. I have a few more things to pick up this weekend. Then maybe once I wrap a few things I will be cheery, or something lol.

I am excited for this year though. The kids are both at such fun ages.

P.s. That Harry Potter castle looks SO cool! DS keeps asking for it. Sorry buddy, that's not happening! haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:43 AM
I'm so not into Christmas yet. We usually get our tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving but because of all the rain we still don't have it. Our outside lights are up so that helps a little but there's no snow on the ground either. We're getting our tree on Saturday, maybe that will help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Dec. 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM

I didn't put up outside lights either. But the girls had no problem taking over decorating the tree after I got it lit up

Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 7, 2011 at 3:26 PM
We decorated the weekend before Thanksgiving only bc we just moved and all the boxes were out so no point in packing it all back away just to pull it back out a week later! I am in the mood and excited bc this is my first Christmas as a Mommy but Olivia will only be 7 months so! Don't feel bad though bc we all have our up and down holiday moods!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gardeningmom4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Try getting some family games the board kind that the family can play together.We just got apples to apples and we love playing it.It can get pretty silly.Get them things that they can wear and use.For my oldest we are getting cooking things because she likes to cook and we are encouraging it.My son we got a couple of games and I plan on getting him his own deep fryer since he likes making fried chicken and is good at it.My other is 9 and she still plays with loads of her toys for hours on end.My youngest is only 18 months old and we got her stuff to play baby dolls with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)