Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

pregnant with emotional troubles

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 5:11 PM
  • 14 Replies
Ihave 2 kids both boys ages 11 and 7 and I'm 5 weeks pregnant, even though we wanted a baby, the father is not understanding my mood swings and my being tired, he is not the father of my first 2, who was extremly supportive, I am depressed and tired of fighting, I've tried to talk to him and explain things but he is just NOT getting it!!! On top of everything we r in the middle of moving into a new house that we have been fixing up.... my stress level is high and my mood low, ....has anyone else delt with a father to be that was not supportive of the things that. Come long with pregnancy?!
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsnoble2004
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Yes and he ended up becoming an ex-husband. he didn't want anything to do with what went along with being a father and a husband either. My current husband is always very supportive, but his mother used to get mad at me for crying at the drop of a hat while pregnant.

candimalice
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 5:51 PM
Mine is interested in being a father, but now I'm wondering how patient he will be with the baby if he can't even handle my pregnancy... we wanted a baby, and r happy about it...just not how things r going.... my x husband the father of my first two was always amazing, we just were not good for each other... I miss him lots right now, I want to call and talk to him but my boyfriend wouldn't understand me talking to my x husband, he is not supportive of our closse friendship at all, he doesn't get that we love each other and were happy, that we ended it cuz we were too caught up in each other, and couldn't motivate ourselfs to move up and forward in life, we do better for ourselfs with out eachother ... odd I know its really hard to explain!
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Well my situation was much different than yours. I didn't already have kids. I was pregnant and the piece of dirt walked out. But I LOVED being a single mom, wouldn't have traded it for anything. I hope he grows up and wakes up soon!

candimalice
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:21 PM
Growing up.. he is 45 lol but I hope he starts to understand better soon!, either way I want this baby, I've wanted a third child forever! If he walks out, which I doubt... its not his nature but ill still be happy to be having my baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:27 PM

At 45 he should know better then.

candimalice
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 8:28 PM
U would think... I did!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ryansmom2004
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Tell him it's better to be friends than enemies when you have kids together. I knew a couple that just could not get along at all while married but were the best of friends once they divorced, and their kids grew up very happy and well-adjusted. I would sit down with him when you are having a calm moment and try to explain that pregnancy is tough on a woman's body and that he needs to ne patient and understanding. Trying to talk while your hormones are totally out of whack isn't going to help.

candimalice
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Thing is I have done that, and a friend did the same, but he just keeps saying that I have changed since I found out I was pregnant... its just NOT sinking into his head at all, its frustrating...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope things work out...

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 7, 2011 at 10:59 PM
Well, he's just going to understand that a pregnant woman is a whirlwind of emotions.
Does he read? Maybe find him a book to help him understand it all. SO read "what to expect when your wife is expanding" and something like caveman's guide to pregnancy. They were funny and informational. Which was good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN