Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

pregnant with emotional troubles

Posted by   + Show Post
Ihave 2 kids both boys ages 11 and 7 and I'm 5 weeks pregnant, even though we wanted a baby, the father is not understanding my mood swings and my being tired, he is not the father of my first 2, who was extremly supportive, I am depressed and tired of fighting, I've tried to talk to him and explain things but he is just NOT getting it!!! On top of everything we r in the middle of moving into a new house that we have been fixing up.... my stress level is high and my mood low, ....has anyone else delt with a father to be that was not supportive of the things that. Come long with pregnancy?!
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 5:11 PM
Replies (11-14):
candimalice
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 2:30 AM
I might be able to convince him to read a book, ill try at least, we talked again tonight, ill see how long until he is an ass again, either way he won't ever be the type that spoils me. . . He does but by working hard and fixing up our new house... that type of stuff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommy1221
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh and I were not married when we got prego with dd. He was so not supportive in the beginning. He was angry. I worked 730 to 530 m-f as a nanny. I felt like I needed 12 hrs of sleep. Did I ever go to bed at 630 or 730? Nope! If he wasn't out w friends (I couldn't sleep w/o him) he would ask me to watch one more thing on tv or a movie. It took him 4 pos preg tests to believe me, and then we barely talked because he was so mad he'd yell. The smells started assaulting me and he'd say get over it because HE couldn't smell it.
When he heard the heartbeat for the first time, he cried. It was starting to become real to him. We had our first ultra sound and he started to understand more. Then, at 23 weeks I was in the shower when I noticed some mucus and a little blood. We headed to the hospital. My cervix had dilated to 3 cm. We were transferred to a hospital with the best NICU. We were told if we didn't have the baby that day (Saturday) we'd have the baby the next day. Our baby had a 10 percent chance of living. He bawled. Of course I did too, but he was just as scared as I was. He WANTED the baby. We were in the hospital a week. I undilated, they placed a cerclage (tied my cervix shut) and I was placed on bedrest. 36 weeks ther cerclage came out 38 weeks our dd was born. He loves her so much! He held her a lot when she was born and still loves spending time w her.

Basically, you have to give them time. Even if they said they were ready for a baby, men don't fully understand all the work that brewing the baby takes. My dh this time around (prego w baby 2) is so much more supportive, but there are things he still doesn't understand. Hopefully yours will start to understand soon!
candimalice
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 5:47 PM
I know he wants the baby... last night we talked (again) and he told me his dd mother and him fought the whole time too, so I pointed out (yet again) that things are changing in my body just as they did in hers and that he needs to be patient, and understanding! I told him (again..lol) that things were changing in my body so I would change somewhat as well, that it is temporary, and to just try a little harder. Today has been good, but then again I have felt good... so as of now I'm taking it day by day, trying to keep in mind what u ladies have said, and trying to maintain a low stress level, the best I can! Ty all, I love this site!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArronNAdamMa
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 9:34 PM

oh yes dealt with this with my 2nd ds dad ugh he didn't understand a thing said i could control this,he didnt know why i was acting the way i was etc etc but he's no longer in the picture and an ex he didn't want to deal with being a dad and help raise his son so we got divorced and my son is so much better off he's not in his life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN