Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Kid in school smells like ?drugs?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 5:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

my daughter had to leave school early because she says a boy smells like burnt chemicals, kind of like cigarettes but really a lot worse. She said it was so bad just from him walking by her she got a headache and felt sick.

My guess is crack or meth but of ocurse i have never smelled either. Does anyone know if the smell of a drug like this could make a passer by feel ill?

I have notified the guidance counselor.

by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mrsnoble2004
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 5:30 PM

probably

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:20 PM

no idea

BUMP

doomshroom
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:35 PM

They say if a kid smells like ammonia or ether, it's a red flag for meth being cooked or smoked in the house.

ArronNAdamMa
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 7:36 AM

Quoting goddess99:

no idea

BUMP

mdatca
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:18 AM

I have always heard that meth smells like cat urine.  IDK for sure though.  From watching intervention and seeing how the drugs are used I would guess that someone is smoking or cooking something around the child.  how old are we talking here?  I am assuming that they are young and the child isn't using himself. 

On the other hand maybe he was around a fire that had garbage burning.  i know that can smell awful and make you sick.  Especially  if there was plastic or stryofoam tossed in there.

Celia21
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Crack smells like burning plastic kinda...... a very strong Oder if you no it... Meth doesn't really have much of a strong odor.... has a little Oder.... i cant explain it.....:S Meth doesnt smell like cat pee. Def not. i am saying this from personal experience

mdatca
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Quoting Celia21:

Crack smells like burning plastic kinda...... a very strong Oder if you no it... Meth doesn't really have much of a strong odor.... has a little Oder.... i cant explain it.....:S Meth doesnt smell like cat pee. Def not. i am saying this from personal experience

Thank you for clearing that up.  I can't remember what show I heard that on I think it was dog the Bounty Hunter.  I was thinking why would someone do meth if it smells like that when there is other stuff out there that isn't that nasty smelling.

3JuJu3
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 1:53 PM

When I was a teacher a kid used to come to class smelling like propane.  His house wasn't warm enough in the winter so his parents put a propane heater in his room.  Even his homework smelled like it.  There could be a lot of reasons why this kid smells funny.  It might even be mothballs or another innocent source that your daughter is just not familiar with.  You did good notifying the counselor.  Let them decide if there's a problem and what to do about it. 

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I asked my husband this morning but I forgot about the burnt chemical thing so I"m going to ask again but he said his best guess would be weed. As for meth, he said the smell depends on what chemicals is being used to make it but it generally smells like ammonia. (he's a deputy, currently training to handle clandestine labs aka meth labs)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN