Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Advice, prayer, IDK just need someone to talk to :(

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:58 PM
  • 32 Replies

Advice, prayer, just need someone to talk to :(

Hello i am new to the group and i really just need someone to talk to. There are so many things going on right now i just don't know where to start! I am a wife and mother of 4 children. DD1 is 9, DS1 is 4, DS2 is 3, and DD2 is 6 weeks. Back in May hubby lost his job, but has since found another. I am on maternity leave from work ( i work in fast food) and ever since hubby lost his job everything has fell apart. We got 3 months behind on the house payment, all our bills are past due and we are on the verge of losing or car. ( we already lost 1) We just can't seem to get caught back up. We barely have any food. and to top it off we are not gonna be able to do anything for our kids for Christmas!  DHS says we make to much money! How in the hell does a family of 6 that lives off of 1200 a month make to much money?? I'm so lost right now i don't know what to do!! I have been looking for a 2nd job, but can't find anything. We can't $$ daycare so i have to get something the opposite shift of my husband. And we only have 1 car, our other car got repossessed. We don't have any family to turn to, my mom is a crack head literally, and his is a drunk! My dad has a "new" family and doesn't talk to me anymore, and hubbys dad passed when he was young! Iv'e put adds up on craigslist, and i have spent countless hours job hunting! I just don't know what to do. It seems like every day is a battle for us. Like today, hubby ran out of gas on his way to work because we have a - balance in the bank, and got wrote up for it at work for being late, and today i am feeding my children pb & jelly for supper because thats all we have, and I can thank WIC for the pb&j. I breastfeed my 6 week old, but how am i gonna keep up milk for her if i don't eat?? I just don't no what to do, i'm at my wits end! When i think about all this stuff i just cry, i mean how am i gonna explain to my kids that Santa didn't come here? What in the hell am i gonna say to them when they ask me why they didn't get anything?? I just feel like giving up, i don't know what to do!!!  I'm not looking for any handouts so please don't bash me, and i'm not wanting anyone to feel sorry for me, i just need someone to talk to!

by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsnoble2004
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:35 PM

maybe you could make them gifts

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Maybe try to get food stamps just for the kids. I don't understand either how you don't qualify for that. I would try again. Go to food banks. contact the Salvation Army and see if you can get in a Christmas program of some sort so maybe your kids can have something under the tree. You may have to cut your maternity leave short and get back to work. Turn off everything extra: cable, cells, internet, etc... Good Luck!!

Grace0409
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 7:39 PM
Have you tried salvation army or a goodwill some place that does toys for kids in needy families ? If you ever wanna talk just write me...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candimalice
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 8:03 PM
I was thinking the same, when things were bad for me, I went to the state for benifits, and places like salvation army for christmas help, also toys for tots helps, churches and food banks too, they even provide holiday meals... I know its hard to get to these places with no gas, but try to stay positive and reach out to family and friends for rides, also local churches are great for the emotional support u need, don't feel ashamed to reach out to your comunity!! If you ever want you can message me, I'm a good listiner!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ryansmom2004
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:18 PM

You need to go to the DSHS office and apply for food stamps. Making only $1,200 a month for a family of 6 you should qualify and maybe get help with daycare costs. Check with churches to see about your family getting adopted for the holidays. Many charities (I am involved in one here in Wash state) do this to provide clothes, toys and holiday dinners. I sure hope things improve for you!

jitterbug79
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I did apply for food stamps, they turned us down I am fighting it right now because we are WAY under the income limits! They don't help with daycare unless your on families first, and you can only get families first if your a single parent/guardian that doesn't get child support. I am married to my kids dad so i can't get it. I missed the dead line for the Salvation army's Angle tree because we don't have cable and I didn't know about it. But thanks for the help hun :) I'll figure something out some way

Quoting Ryansmom2004:

You need to go to the DSHS office and apply for food stamps. Making only $1,200 a month for a family of 6 you should qualify and maybe get help with daycare costs. Check with churches to see about your family getting adopted for the holidays. Many charities (I am involved in one here in Wash state) do this to provide clothes, toys and holiday dinners. I sure hope things improve for you!

jitterbug79
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:34 PM

we don't have cable, Internet or cell phones. I have a laptop and my neighbour lets me use her Internet off of it cuz it's wireless. I missed the dead line for the Angle tree cuz we don't have cable and I didn't know about it :( i called and they said it was to late.

Quoting goddess99:

Maybe try to get food stamps just for the kids. I don't understand either how you don't qualify for that. I would try again. Go to food banks. contact the Salvation Army and see if you can get in a Christmas program of some sort so maybe your kids can have something under the tree. You may have to cut your maternity leave short and get back to work. Turn off everything extra: cable, cells, internet, etc... Good Luck!!

jitterbug79
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Thank you so much, i really don't have friends thats why i came on here

Quoting candimalice:

I was thinking the same, when things were bad for me, I went to the state for benifits, and places like salvation army for christmas help, also toys for tots helps, churches and food banks too, they even provide holiday meals... I know its hard to get to these places with no gas, but try to stay positive and reach out to family and friends for rides, also local churches are great for the emotional support u need, don't feel ashamed to reach out to your comunity!! If you ever want you can message me, I'm a good listiner!

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Aww that's too bad. Maybe try a church or your children's school. Many schools have funds set aside for something like this. If they say no, honestly ask for the PTO President's phone number and see if the PTO can help. I'm the PTO President at my dd's school and if I got a phone call like this I would be on it.

Quoting jitterbug79:

we don't have cable, Internet or cell phones. I have a laptop and my neighbour lets me use her Internet off of it cuz it's wireless. I missed the dead line for the Angle tree cuz we don't have cable and I didn't know about it :( i called and they said it was to late.

Quoting goddess99:

Hadenough68
by on Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:42 PM
May, I ask you What state do you live in.?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN