Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

One for the teachers...

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 10:25 AM
  • 10 Replies

I volunteer in my son's classroom every week, and I'm always in awe of how hard teachers work, how wonderful they are with the kids and how much love I can see radiating from them all for the kids. 

I just want to take the time to say THANK YOU for all you do, being there with all of our kids all day, every day, showing support and being that positive role model and trusted confidant in their lives.  I appreciate all your hard work, dedication and love.

bow downyou rock

I'm divorced mommy of three and there are no "baby daddies". I'm a staunch right wing republican and a professional cosmetologist (hair, nails, makeup etc) working my tail off to make my own way in this world. I breastfed my kids and rewarded myself with a boob job to put back what the breastfeeding fairy took away. I believe in tough love, rules, boundaries, discipline and follow through. My kids do not rule the roost. They say yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes please and no thank you. Because of the values and respect that I've taught them, other people don't mind being around them. I spanked my kids just like my mom spanked me and we've all turned out fine. We're a hard playin', fun lovin' family. This is me, take it or leave it.

by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 8, 2011 at 10:37 AM

BUMP

wish all teachers were like that.

praisinghim2day
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Quoting goddess99:

BUMP

wish all teachers were like that.

My kids are sophomore, 6th grade and 3rd grade and there have only been 2 teachers among all of them that we weren't real crazy about. I guess we've really been blessed!

I'm divorced mommy of three and there are no "baby daddies". I'm a staunch right wing republican and a professional cosmetologist (hair, nails, makeup etc) working my tail off to make my own way in this world. I breastfed my kids and rewarded myself with a boob job to put back what the breastfeeding fairy took away. I believe in tough love, rules, boundaries, discipline and follow through. My kids do not rule the roost. They say yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes please and no thank you. Because of the values and respect that I've taught them, other people don't mind being around them. I spanked my kids just like my mom spanked me and we've all turned out fine. We're a hard playin', fun lovin' family. This is me, take it or leave it.

splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 8, 2011 at 11:27 AM
I wish my sons teacher was like that! The other kindergarten teachers are SO great there though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
praisinghim2day
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Please tell me my experience with teachers isn't in the minority. :(  Our school system and teachers here are just phenominal.  They've been VERY loving and helpful.  There have been 2 teachers over the years whom I didn't see eye to eye with, but they were still very good to my kids.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2011 at 1:36 PM

YES!!!  There are some wonderful teachers at my dc school too!

mrsnoble2004
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 2:07 PM

There have been some very good teachers at my girls school. I'm not too keen on the kindergarten teacher my youngest got but due to classroom sizes they are having to hire 2 more teachers and I have volunteered for dd to change classes in January. (I asked dd first, I wouldn't have her switch if she didn't want to.) The one she has now seems very frigid and she will send home a schedule for something and later change everything and send home a new one. I swear she does it just to see if we check their backpacks.

Pammi86
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 4:19 PM
Bump! Although I just work in a after school program its nice to have people like you who appreciate teachers!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
praisinghim2day
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Wow, y'all.  I knew we have been blessed wonderful teachers, but I guess I didn't realize exactly how blessed we really are.  Thank you for putting it into perspective.  :)  I had appreciation before this post (obviously) but that appreciation has grown exponentially. :)

I just picked up gifts for Connor's teacher (3rd grade).  A $20 gift card to Barnes & Noble (with specific instructions to get something for HERSELF lol).  For her classroom I got her the limited edition Apples to Apples game. I'll try to find a pic and post it :)

praisinghim2day
by on Dec. 8, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Okay... so I got the name wrong. lol It's called the "Party Apple".  :)  Thought it would be fun for days like today when the kids had to stay inside for recess due to incliment weather.

armywife1229
by on Dec. 9, 2011 at 11:17 AM

I second this. Teachers rock!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN