Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

cheating

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 1:02 PM
  • 22 Replies
What do you consider cheating?

I'm asking this because I found some messages between my dh and another chick. They were saying how their lives would be so much better if they were together, and that they loved eaxh other and always have loved each other. There was also a lot of talk about sex and stuff. He's denied getting physical wih her. He had known her and dated her right before meeting me 4yrs ago.

I'm considering this emotional rendezvous between them an emotional affair and heating. Am I over reacting or should I just get over it?

I knew someone else was in the.picture because he never wanted to touch me, kiss me, hardly said he loved me, had an excuse for everyhig, and hardly paid attention to me or our DDs..

I'm at a loss of what to do... I want to forgive him, but niw my self esteem is even lower than what it was, my trust is broken, and I keep hinking about her.. ugh..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Hugs...hope you are able to work things out...

MommyOfOne2710
by Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 1:11 PM
That is definitely cheating. I'm very sorry you have to go through this. :( I don't think you're over reacting at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3boysngirl
by New Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 1:13 PM

ur not over reacting at but u have to do right for urself and ur kids that is emotional cheating good luck

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 1:30 PM
I've been there. You need to confront him with the emails, find out where his head is at.

For me, I felt like I wasn't in a marriage any more but was just sharing space with another person. I realized the road I was on was not a good one which forced me to confront our issues. Luckily we're doing MUCH better now. Best of luck to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jana741
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 1:32 PM

I would keep up with his coming and goings. My dh cheated on me when I was pregnant. If his attitude doesn't change I recommend counseling.

USAFamily
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I *personally* would consider what he is doing cheating. And I am pretty certain I wouldn't stick around if he has a relationship like that with another woman.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 13, 2011 at 1:51 PM

sometimes an emotion affair cuts deeper than a physical one.

Lyllismum
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 2:59 PM
He knew my views before we even dated.

I have a hard time trusting to begin with. Idk if I can trust him ever. I want to try to work things out for my girls sake, but idk if I have the strength. I've tried one hundred percent. I'm just out of energy.

I confronted him, he cant deny it. And didn't. But he says its my fault cuz I was mean to him and was too obsessed with everything being perfect.

I was pregnant and dealing witj a 2yr old and being a sahm.. I needed help and when I asked for it, it was such a chore. And it was such a xhore to give dd some attention..

I want it to work. I do, but I've got my mjnd that I'm gonna be battling everyday...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Um, it is not your fault that he can't keep his VOWS to you and your marriage. That is something he has to deal with. I'd kick his butt out.

mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 4:20 PM
As far as I'm concerned, emotional cheating is worse than physical. And that's what it sounds like you're dealing with. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)