Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Diabetes Test *Updated with Results!* *UPDATED AGAIN WITH BAD NEWS*

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 2:55 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ugh, I had to fast all morning, and then drink 10 oz of that glucose drink!  I get my blood drawn soon but I feel like CRAP now, ty.  And I don't get to eat until after my whole appt. is done at 3.  YUCK.

So they finally called me back to let me know it all looks good.  Thank goodness!  But I am getting anemic, so here's to iron pills...

BAD NEWS: Got a call from my OB, he fired his frickin nurse.  She had my test results mixed up with someone else!  So I'm not anemic, but I did have a bad diabetes test.  I have to go take the three hour one next week, and holy crap I just don't want it to go bad b/c I'm under enough stress and medical issues as it flippin' is!  Do I really need diabetes, as well?  REALLY!?!  I was in perfect health until I got pregnant!  That's WHY we chose now to have our second child.  GRRRR  and now i've been off and on partial and full bedrest, had a blood clot, got diagnosed with a stupid blood/metabolic disorder, have a hernia on the left side that hurts so bad...  I'm doing everything right, and nothing is going well!  Just 3 more months to go...

fml

by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsnoble2004
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Eww. I hate that test.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 13, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Ick good luck

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I just got nauseas thinking about it....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Hope everything goes ok...I had the orange when I took it years ago.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 5:50 PM

LOL, ty all.  I got the blood draw, and got sick right after.  The nurse said it's good I held it in, b/c if I got sick before I'd have had to do it again!

Results tomorrow morning, but I feel pretty good most the time so I'm thinking they'll be normal.  :)

MommyOfOne2710
by Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Gross! That thing was so nasty, and I thought I was going to throw up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Salsacookies
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I didn't think it was that bad. The drink was nasty, but I only had to do the 1 hr glucose and I passed it. No 3 hour GTT for me :)

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Lucky!  That's what we did for my first, but this time they wanted the long test with me drinking the entire bottle. Totally wasn't prepared for how sickening it was by the last few gulps.  At first I just thought it tasted like a melted popsicle, but the more I had to drink the worse it got!

Glad you passed yours!  I hear the whole gestational diabetes thing can be a real pain.

Quoting Salsacookies:

I didn't think it was that bad. The drink was nasty, but I only had to do the 1 hr glucose and I passed it. No 3 hour GTT for me :)

USAFamily
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM

I threw the whole thing up the first time I tried to take that test. It's NASTY!!

Salsacookies
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:51 PM

I still had to drink the whole bottle...in like 5 minutes. I drank it in the 5 minutes and then waiting an hour and they drew my blood and I was done.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Lucky!  That's what we did for my first, but this time they wanted the long test with me drinking the entire bottle. Totally wasn't prepared for how sickening it was by the last few gulps.  At first I just thought it tasted like a melted popsicle, but the more I had to drink the worse it got!

Glad you passed yours!  I hear the whole gestational diabetes thing can be a real pain.

Quoting Salsacookies:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN