Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Too many hours?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM
  • 4 Replies
I finally got a chance to talk to my mom earlier and I told her my schedule changed from four days at eight hours to three days at ten hours. Omg she went ballistic on me, saying I couldn't do that and asking about the kids.

Landon is in preK from 9-11:15 so he'd only be in daycare two days a week from 11:30-7:15ish since DH has Thursday's off this month. Lexi will be with me the entire ten hours except for Thursday when she will stay with Landon and DH.

Do you think ten hours is too much for me to work? Dh works the same amount of hours... I just want to help get us closer to getting out of debt and buying a bigger place. I wish my mom could understand this without her condescending attitude. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
USAFamily
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's too much at all. Most days you are home with your kids! Don't let your mom make you feel guilty. You are being a responsible adult and mom.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:01 PM

If you're ok with it then that's all that counts.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:03 PM
Thanks, ladies. My mom has always been the queen at making me feel like crap and doubting myself. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM
I think I would prefer to get the work week over in 3 days vs 4. But, its really just whatever would fit your families lifestyle best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN