Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
who had a epidural? Do u have back problems? Wit my big girls i had the lower backaches but this time Ive been getting pains like pinch nerve pains since the lastwk.........i can scratch my upper bk by my shoulder and ita send a pain down my spine.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 19, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Replies (21-25):
mom2gr8tgirls
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2011 at 11:31 PM
I've had 2. Didn't cause me anymore pain than what I was already in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lightning918
by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 2:27 AM
I had 2 with my DD. The first one they placed too deep or something. It made me go deaf and blind and my tongue and mouth swelled and became numb. They doc pulled it out reset it and eventually everything went back to normal. I still have moments when my mouth goes numb and I lose my hearing and my low back feels like there's an air bubble in it that can be very painful. Apparently at some point I signed a form saying I knew the risks and was OK with them doing it anyway. Also when I ended up needing a c section due to dd's positioning it took 3. times the regular dose of drugs to numb my belly before they kicked in, then I almost died from overdosing. So my epidural experience was scary, painful, and all around crappy
Bloodred_bunny
by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 2:29 AM

go in asap my aunt had the same issue and found out she leaked fluids. The back pains are normal but the other is not.

WhyIstheworld
by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 5:35 AM

i had an epidural and accidently moved during the process because they did it way too late. my spine is terrible i feel it clicking and popping and ready to just pop like the links on a chain and just fall apart one day...will i have an epidural the 2nd time around? yep i couldn't imagine how much pain i would have been in without the epidural. i'll just try and get it around 6 cm instead of letting the doctors decide 9 cm my baby was nearly out.

itsm3
by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 8:39 AM

yes i had an epidural.  my back hurt like a mofo for about 2 weeks then it went away.  no other back problems since.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)