Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Summer Vacations!

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 8:12 AM
  • 24 Replies
Is anyone planning a trip to take a summer vacation yet? Two years ago my dh and I went to Wilmington, NC and LOVED it! I want to take our dd there but she will only be a year in May so I figure next years better! We are trying to plan a trip with tax money but we have to buy a washer/dryer set and start a savings! I was thinking cheap this year and well last year I was prego so no trip then! There's a Wildlife Safari about 4/5 hours away in Springfield, MO! I was thinking Olivia might enjoy that bc if we go in June she will be a year and is alert enough to enjoy it! I was also going to try to find a water park near by bc she loves to be in the water! What do you guys think!? I know its not the best trip ever but its on the cheaper side and what we can afford! I think it will just be nice to get away and I was also thinking we could spend a few days in Branson or Osage Beach too on the way back! : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nana9106
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Not really a summer vacation...more like spring. We are going to Universal Orlando in March. I am super excited!!

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:14 AM
Just curious what day your DD was born. My DS is a June bug too and will be one this coming June. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:44 AM

I think it sounds fun. We just do zoos and ghost towns.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 29, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Oh Olivias actually a May baby! May 18th 2011!

Quoting mom2gr8tgirls:

Just curious what day your DD was born. My DS is a June bug too and will be one this coming June. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Dec. 29, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Sounds fun! She might be a little young to really enjoy a water park still though. But I know there are tons of places around here that have really cool places with pools, slides, etc which would be WAY cheaper. The one at the Arnold rec center is fun.

We got a vacation to Branson for Christmas. But, we aren't going. I'm not that upset, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BetcCarter
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 12:43 PM

I think we are going to Michigan to visit my family this summer...It will just depend on whether or not my husband keeps his contract...fingers crossed!!

huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2011 at 12:45 PM
We might be renting a cabin in Tennessee for a week or so. We're getting married so it'll be our honeymoon, only ds will be with us. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danielsmommy10
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 3:23 PM
Sounds like fun, and I think your little girl will love it!
We are going to Paris in May!!!!! This vacation was planned for New Years Eve, but due to a change of circumstances we postponed it and will combine it with my reunion which is held in Paris in 2012, as well as visiting my parents in Europe. I am super excited!
USAFamily
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 3:25 PM
We are moving to Spain in a few weeks. I am thinking a European vacation!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 3:35 PM

I probably won't be taking a vacation this year.  I live near the beach though and we'll be taking a few day trips there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN