Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

when to take away the pacifier? ADVICE

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter is 18months and i was woundering when a good time to get rid of the binky was? She only gets it when she naps or at night at bed. I have tried to just take it but she will not sleep she screams in bed for hours. She is teething really bad. Her Doctor said he sees no issue with it right now as long as i dont dip it in sweets or juice . just give it to her plane. But she has been teething really bad latley n cranky. I have tried orijel and motrin but she hates the orijel but the motrin does help but she still wants the binky she is also chewing her fingures not sucking it just chew. 

any advice i dont want my daughter to have it for a long time bc i know its hard to get rid of them. I didnt want to give her it at all but my SO gave it to her when she was tiny.

by on Dec. 30, 2011 at 11:12 AM
Replies (11-17):
nana9106
by on Dec. 31, 2011 at 6:18 AM
My DD had hers until she was almost 5. She could only have it if she was at home and I told her when she started school she couldnt have it anymore. I was super stressed that she had it that long. She is the only one of my 3 that took her binky that long and oddly enough she is the only one that did not need braces. She is 26 now and is normal LOL my point is.. I just don't think it's a big deal to have a binky. I just don't think it is worth stressing over
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2011 at 10:23 AM

My dc did not use them too long....before they were 12mos.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Dec. 31, 2011 at 12:42 PM

When you get tired of playing hide and seek with it.

Pipersmama10
by on Dec. 31, 2011 at 2:36 PM

that is annoying lol. i swear they hide them in the wierdest places

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

When you get tired of playing hide and seek with it.

kkbugsmom
by on Dec. 31, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Both my boys probably only used them for a day at the hospital right after they were born and that was it... no more binkys!

darcyxdaun
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I broke my daughter when she was a year old. Right when I took the bottle away. Just stay strong and don't give in to giving it back.

LACHESIS
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Mine too!

My oldest used his for 3 months. When my parents went to move their couch out (they got a new one), there was that dang binky! It is in his baby box now LOL.

With my second son, the nurse was sooo sweet to load me up with a bunch JIC.  They are still in his first baby bag (I know, I need to start purging stuff).

With my daughter, I bought a bunch (we ended up "back home" in Alaska, the kids got the chicken pox at 3 and 12 months!). Ended up she didn't want one. I was almost bummed because they now make pink ones.

With my oldest, my mom told him she brought one bottle one a fishing trip. My dad put it on the fishing hook and threw it to the fish. Oddly enough, Joey didn't care. Go figure. We were all stressing how he would do.

Good luck Momma. I probably wouldn't while she is teeth, since it is her soother, but when those teeth pop threw, I would probably do it then. (((hugs))) 

Quoting kkbugsmom:

Both my boys probably only used them for a day at the hospital right after they were born and that was it... no more binkys!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)