Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Feel guilty, but enjoyed a break

Posted by   + Show Post

At the risk of sounding like a terrible parent:

A part of me is relieved that 10 month old yDD is sick, because the poor kid is so exhausted that she finally napped through my 4 and 5 year old playing, for the first time since they've been off for winter break.

by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Replies (31-36):
tattdmom2prncss
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 11:17 PM

LOL that's NOT a bad thing that you arenejoying the relief, but I do hope she feels better soon.

hspear
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 12:52 AM

EXACTLY. Totally agree with kirstina.

Quoting kirstina:

Your not really happy she is sick your just happy she is finally napping. Its okay to enjoy that.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
vampire2007
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:09 AM

my first DD used to take these tiny 15-20 min naps day and night so when i took her to get her 2 mo shots and she slept for 8 hrs straight afterwards i was in heaven. not that she was feeling sick and tired from shots but that i could finally get ssome sleep.

starzzz
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Don't worry, she's sick with something very minor anyways. Unless your child is diagnosed with something serious feeling the way you do is ok.

Yanismama
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 10:43 PM

No, you're not terrible.  On Christmas day I had two out of four throwing up everywhere and they were more than happy to sleep most of the day.  Gave us a huge break.  I'm 4 months preg and was exhausted.

heather4511
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Quoting Pammi86:

Aww! It sucks that she's sick but I understand the peace of a baby that's napping lol! Hope she's well soon though!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN