Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

will my daughter be more attached to her daycare provider than me?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM
  • 24 Replies

I start school 4 days a week on the 23rd of this month and we have to put our two kids in daycare...

our son, 2 and 1/2, desperately needs it, and I know he will love having friends and socialization and crafts and learning and everything. I'm super excited for him to go to daycare even though I am going to miss him, I have been a stay at home mom since the day he was born and never missed a single "first" thing he did like the first time he rolled over, or sat up, his first steps exct.

our daughter on the other hand... will only be 6 days less than 2 months old.. I'm affraid she will form a bond with the daycare lady and that she will be attached to her.. i'm scared to miss her "first" things and I'm sick to my stomach about leaving her... :[

i have to go back to school so that I can complete my credits for the job opportunity that I have coming up.. the job will be mon-friday 8 am -2 pm so I know I will have to get use to her being in daycare anyways...but the job wouldn't start till late august/early september so she would be a few months older... this job would give my husband and I the opportunity to get a house instead of paying a rent we can hardly afford with the rest of our bills and we would finally be able to put some money in savings... we would have a slightly more comfortable life and it would be our ideal "white picket fence" living.. 

did anyone else put there baby in daycare this early? did it change your bond? was he/she attached to their daycare provider? :[

ps: I am nursing and pumping breast milk so she will still be nursing while we are home and having breast milk in a bottle while i am at school..

by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenstarmodel
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM
NOTE: this is only because you asked... not to make u feel bad!

My mother in law was a daycare provider a long time ago and she had a little boy who mom pulled him out because she was jealous of the bond they had. Every child is different. And u are still mkommy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
looneymom424
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I was in school when my daughter was born so she went when she was that age.  She did bond with the daycare lady but did bond with me also.  She is grown now and we are best friends.  I had to quit working when she was 4 or 5 because of her brother getting in trouble all the time so she was well socialized and really was a great kid

Lynzee.Limon
by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 8:27 PM

yeah, i use to work at a day care, that's why I am  nervous... :[ and on top of that, the only daycare lady we know and has been a friend of my In laws for YEARS... doesn't have an  "infant" opening so we have to find someone else and I'm scared to death to leave my kids with a complete stranger... :[

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I really can't offer you any advice because I haven't been in your shoes. But I pray it works out for you Hun.

Krystle21
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I put my kids in daycare around That age. The thought of my kids bonding with someone else crossed my mind but didn't bother me as much bc I know I'm mom and no one else can replace me. Of course ur kid is going to bond with the daycare lady bc she is around her all the time. Daycare providers get attached too that's just how humans are. U spend enough time with someone You get attached. But your baby wont forget who you are and wont call ur daycare lady "mom". My kids slip up and call me their daycare lady's name bc they're so used to calling her all day but they quickly correct themselves. Trust me even babies can tell the difference. Don't stress it too much. You're doing what's right for your family. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2012 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Hope it works out for you....having to leave them early is very challenging.
hugs...

OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I swear it won't happen. My daughter started daycare at 2 months and she's now almost 5. She's a huge mommys girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

i don't think so; it's a different kind of relationship with the care provider.  of course, every kid is different but i've never heard of children "replacing" the relationship with the mother with the care provider. 

my dd, who was in a home daycare with a wonderful lady from when she was 16mos to 2Y, formed  a special bond with her but it never changed our relationship.  dd is now in preschool and still talks about Marian and says that she misses her.  i think children develop friendships with their care providers and feel close to them but family is family; i wouldn't worry about it.

Shani527
by Member on Jan. 2, 2012 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I think they do. And its natural. But its nothing compared to the bond she has and will have with you. Good luck. I know how hard it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darcyxdaun
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

to be honest, I'd be worried if the baby didn't have a strong bond with the daycare provider.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)