Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

will my daughter be more attached to her daycare provider than me?

Posted by   + Show Post

I start school 4 days a week on the 23rd of this month and we have to put our two kids in daycare...

our son, 2 and 1/2, desperately needs it, and I know he will love having friends and socialization and crafts and learning and everything. I'm super excited for him to go to daycare even though I am going to miss him, I have been a stay at home mom since the day he was born and never missed a single "first" thing he did like the first time he rolled over, or sat up, his first steps exct.

our daughter on the other hand... will only be 6 days less than 2 months old.. I'm affraid she will form a bond with the daycare lady and that she will be attached to her.. i'm scared to miss her "first" things and I'm sick to my stomach about leaving her... :[

i have to go back to school so that I can complete my credits for the job opportunity that I have coming up.. the job will be mon-friday 8 am -2 pm so I know I will have to get use to her being in daycare anyways...but the job wouldn't start till late august/early september so she would be a few months older... this job would give my husband and I the opportunity to get a house instead of paying a rent we can hardly afford with the rest of our bills and we would finally be able to put some money in savings... we would have a slightly more comfortable life and it would be our ideal "white picket fence" living.. 

did anyone else put there baby in daycare this early? did it change your bond? was he/she attached to their daycare provider? :[

ps: I am nursing and pumping breast milk so she will still be nursing while we are home and having breast milk in a bottle while i am at school..

by on Jan. 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Replies (21-24):
M3Love
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this. It's overwhelming to be home with your child ALL DAY LONG and sometimes, that turns into running around cleaning and taking care of the house and not really paying as much attention to your child as you should. She's going to get a lot of attention and love mama! No worries and good luck at your job!!

Quoting Pammi86:

I started watching a boy when he was 2 months old and he really bonded with me! However, he was also very close to his mom as well! I would remind yourself why your doing it and remember she just gets more love this way!

reneed31
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Both of my daughters have been in a daycare setting since they were six weeks old.  I was so lucky to have a inhome daycare provider that was also a really good friend.  They do develop a bond with the provider but when I pick them up to take them home both of them run to me saying mommy and gives me a big hug.  My provider like I said was a really good friend and she would record videos from her cell phone and send them to me just to make my day.  Yes you do miss the first of some things but if you don't want to know that they are doing it tell them not to say anything to you until you say it to them makes you feel better.  I always wanted to know what they did everyday and she would tell me.  Good luck and I know how you feel but always remember at the end of the day you are their mommy and they will always have a stronger bond with you than with anyone else.  Oh and by the way they will cry when you leave them and they will cry when you pick them up cause they do not want to leave but it does only last for a few minutes. 

Lynzee.Limon
by on Jan. 5, 2012 at 4:18 PM

thank you, :]

I use to work at a daycare for about 3 years so I know it's hard the first few weeks for kids and they cry and stuff the first few days/week I'm sure everything will go well.. :] just gotta find a provider we like and feel safe with leaving our kids.

Quoting reneed31:

Both of my daughters have been in a daycare setting since they were six weeks old.  I was so lucky to have a inhome daycare provider that was also a really good friend.  They do develop a bond with the provider but when I pick them up to take them home both of them run to me saying mommy and gives me a big hug.  My provider like I said was a really good friend and she would record videos from her cell phone and send them to me just to make my day.  Yes you do miss the first of some things but if you don't want to know that they are doing it tell them not to say anything to you until you say it to them makes you feel better.  I always wanted to know what they did everyday and she would tell me.  Good luck and I know how you feel but always remember at the end of the day you are their mommy and they will always have a stronger bond with you than with anyone else.  Oh and by the way they will cry when you leave them and they will cry when you pick them up cause they do not want to leave but it does only last for a few minutes. 

kgalvano
by Member on Jan. 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

it never changed my bond with my baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)