Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Wedding Pictures!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 7:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm in a wedding mood. My husband and I got married during one of his R&R's in a rush. We just drove to Colorado and signed some papers (you don't even need to see a judge there). So there was no ceremony at all. We went through a 2 year separation and this past summer we worked things out. As away of celebrating we want to have an actual wedding next year. It'll still be small (just us and our girls), but we plan on having something really nice. We don't know if we'll be going back to Colorado, having it in Georgia (our home) or going to Ireland which has always been an obsession of ours. It's still aways away, but we're starting to plan and I'm so excited.

Which brings me to this post. I'd LOVE to see your wedding pictures. Maybe pull some ideas from them?

by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
itsm3
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

my aunt made the cake:  chocolate marzapan exterior, each tier was either chocolate or vanilla with fresh/carmelized fruit topping. it was SO GOOD!

we had a traditional chinese wedding and although my husband isn't chinese, he loves the food.  it was a 10-course meal at one of the best chinese restaurants in toronto.  too bad i wasn't hungry because i heard the food was fantastic

because my wedding was in the fall, i chose fall colors for my bridesmaids dresses and flowers.  i bought the material from a store that was going out of business (chiffon and silk combination) and had those dresses made by my MoH's aunt.  my friend knew the florist so she had calla lillies flown in which were burnt orange in color and so beautiful.  those bouquets were cheap because my friend knew the florist - in total i spent about $120 including my bouquet! she also threw in the flowers for all of our hair for free (they were orchids and i can't remember what my flowers were but they were so pretty and fragrant!).   i told the bridesmaids i didn't care what shoes they wore as long as they were black; my sister did our  makeup, my friend who is a professional stylist did our hair for a bargan deal (my hair was about $75, bridesmaids was $35)

it was so much fun to plan the wedding and i think it was because i didn't stress over it.  i wasn't one of those bridezillas but did everything myself and we saved a ton of $$ because of it.  it also helped that i had a lot of hook-ups.  the photograps were done by my husband's cousin who is a professional photographer, the dj was my best friend's good friend and instead of renting a limo for $400, we rented a white escalde for the day which only cost us $80! so bascially, the only big-ticket thing we paid for was the reception. our main priority was to have a great reception with amazing food so for all the other stuff, i either made it myself (invites, giveaways etc) or got hooked-up with some serious discounts.

hope this gives you some ideas!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

WOW!!! Nice pictures.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2012 at 7:56 PM
None of my pics turned out very good. Dh suggested we ask the associate pastor to do pictures. Yeah that's still my biggest regret. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Addison12
by on Jan. 2, 2012 at 8:12 PM

If I can find this post in May I'll post mine.

I'm so excited, I have pretty much everything done so far, just need the pastor and the florist.

But remember, please don't stress and just have fun doing it.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 3, 2012 at 1:47 AM
I will post pics when I find them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
white_wolf454
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 3:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Oct 24,2008

I'm mobile but..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Our wedding was gorgeous. We eloped!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN