Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

The mob post

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 3:53 PM
  • 16 Replies

As some of you ladies sharpen your pitch forks and light your torches, waiting for the next time you can attack someone and anyone giving their opinions, allow me to vent.

I see posts about people neglecting, abusing and murdering their babies. Babies found in trash cans, people trying to kidnap them, suffocate them. These interest me. Not because I like hearing them, but I do like to be updated with all the sick people out there willing to do these things. I especially love hearing at the end of the story "The people have been caught, charged and now face the death penalty". The child may not have been saved, but justice will be served. It'd be better if these things didn't happen but it is reassuring to know they've been caught. Then a day or two later you hear someone else doing something bad to an innocent child. Makes me sick.

Then I see posts of what to have for dinner, if anyone has ever tried this type of shampoo, and if this camera is better than that one. Not so interesting. Sorry.

So my 1st grader is in school, 2 year old is napping, house is cleaned. I'm bored. What posts on Cafemom will catch my attention, as well as many others?

Any post regarding breastfeeding, Planned Parenthood, abortion and religion.

Let me tell you ladies something. People have opinions. Some are nice. Some are rude. (I've had my fair share of both). We all come from different beliefs, different backgrounds and different views. We're not always going to agree and get along. Some people are going to bash you, some are going to bash me. The mob will attack anyone and everyone and show no mercy. Especially when they get their feelings hurt or feel they're right.

So religious posts. I'm Agnostic. I have respect for religion. It just isn't for me. For my own reasons. Want to be proud of your religion? Join a religious group. I think religion is more for a church than an internet site for moms. But to each their own.

Planned Parenthood- some go for medical reasons. Some for abortion. I'm all for handing out free condoms. And helping people who can't afford medical care. But there are people who abort their babies at these offices. Makes little sense. Why get pregnant if they can get you cheap or free birth control. To agree or not to agree with Planned Parenthood?

Abortion- I'm Pro Life. I feel every woman should have the right to choose, but as soon as her uterus is occupied she looses the right to choose. I'm pregnant now. My right to choose has been banned for a long time. My right to eat, neglect medical care, drink (I don't, but if I did)- all if it is on hold and is adjusted to make my uterus a "happy home" for the baby. I feel a baby is a baby from the beginning. If it isn't a baby, then what is it? Does it transform into a baby? I think it's a baby and it develops and grows. Period. I don't like abortion. I think a lot of people use it as a form of birth control. It took me 5 pregnancies to have 2 kids. They have a healthy baby and abort it. Sometimes, they do it again. And sometimes, again. I guess I'd rather see a woman abort her baby at 6 weeks than see the woman have the baby and kill it because she didn't want it. I don't see why birth control is so hard to use. (rape and medical reasons is a different subject)

Breastfeeding- if you do it, not do it, if you tried it- I don't care. I breastfed. I pumped and put it in a bottle. I formula fed. I've done a little of everything. Women that attack women for formula feeding or for "saying it was too hard" so they quit- come on. Leave them alone. I see you have a pic of your toddler/preschooler/gradeschooler on your boob still. Want a ribbon? I don't want to see a pic with your boob and a kid as old as my kids attached to it still nursing. 3rd world Countries do it? Maybe you should go over there? That way you can do it out in the streets without anyone looking. Put a cover on. Be quiet. No one wants to be bashed from a breastfeeding nazi. Maybe they should have a group for women brastfeeding kids 2 years and older and they have a compitition on who's been nursing their kid the longest? Maybe they already do?

Getting sick of seeing these posts ALL THE TIME. Just my opinions and I know the mob will bash and say "You're wrong!" and "You're mean". Bla bla bla.

Now, mob, ATTACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 6, 2012 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this

If you want backlash you might want to post this in the NC group.

mrsnoble2004
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 4:57 PM

exactly, lmao

Quoting goddess99:

USAFamily
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, I think the biggest response you're going to get is no one cares lmao.

3brown1blue
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Yeaaa the reason why I left NC is because of their blatant disregard for others feelings.

For the most part I agree with you though. Happy Friday's!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Go there.

Quoting goddess99:

Shani527
by Member on Jan. 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM
I will second this thought.

A nice enjoyable read though ob. :)

Quoting USAFamily:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shani527
by Member on Jan. 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM
I will second this thought.

A nice enjoyable read though op :)

Quoting USAFamily:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:06 PM
That's what I was thinking when I got to the end.

Quoting goddess99:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Uh what!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN