Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I finally put them in their place!!!! Long vent

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:28 PM
  • 29 Replies
And it felt great!!! My mil and fil are so disrespectful. I always let it roll off and try to be the bigger person. Well today I had it!!! Ugh and it felt great. My mil told dh I'm not a good mom I'm too protective and I don't let the kids do enough. Also I didn't try hard enough to breastfeed. Ok first off I tried so hard to breast feed and cried and cried because I couldn't produce milk. I had a tumor removed when I was 17 so only one boob makes milk. So that made me hot! Well his aunt has a son that has bipolar disorder. He is my age and I also have bipolar disorder. So on Christmas she was asking me about different meds and stuff. I told her what I take and that it's helped so much. My fil has the nerve to ask me if I forgot to take it a few days before. Really!? Medicine doesn't fix everything!!!! You wouldn't make fun of a kid with a noticeable disorder would you? My brain doesn't work right. I can not help that I wish I could!!! Anyways I let it slide and just kept talking to his aunt. I have a thing were I don't like shoes on my carpet. Mil and fil both walk on my carpets with their shoes on. Well dh says its their dress shoes it shouldn't matter. Really!!! I make my dad take off his boots and my mom her tennis shoes that they only wear out and they can't slide their shoes off!? I have OCD also and I have tried not to let it affect my life but it does. Everything has to be a certain way and cleaned and done a certain way. They are just so disrespectful! anyways they came in my house today after I heard more like read the breastfeeding comment on my dh text and I was fuming. The kids and I were walking out the door and I was rude to them. For the first time I actually snapped back at their rude comments and disrespect. My dh said they want to see the kids and I said I don't give a f**k! :))) it felt great!!!!! They tried talking to me and I ignored them. I have put up with it for 5 yrs and when mil said something about my parenting and fil said something about my meds I had it. Sorry needed to vent and I feel so much better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes you just can't hold it all in anymore!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you girl.

zacandparksmom
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:45 PM
wish I had guts to that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristin42010
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM
I think I just let it build up girl. I had it with the whole parenting comment. Stand up for yourself. Don't let people run you over. I actually feel like I stood up for myself and if they do it now it is def disrespect because they know it bothers me. I hope things get better for you.

Quoting zacandparksmom:

wish I had guts to that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I am happy you stuck up for yourself! I have found that if you dont let them walk all over you from the start though, you avoid a lot of explosive drama later.. ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2wardgirls
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Way to go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fahmom
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats great you stuck up for yourself. Wish your DH would too after all its his family but you should come first. I'm sorry you couldn't bf no need to feel guilty about it at least you tried. I suggest putting a sign on the front and back doors "shoes off at the door" or "no shoes inside" and no ifs ands or butts about it. Its good that you stick up for yourself and stand your ground. Next time they comment about your meds simply ask what business is it of theirs. I always like avoiding questions all together. Your right to not put up with any disrespect especially in your own home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LACHESIS
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh how I wish I could let lose! My MIL only says things to my husband. And he lets it roll off his back.  She did make a comment about how I need to get Lydia's hair cut, so people can see her eyes. 
Ugh. I pull her hair back. She likes it long. We keep it clean. It makes me so mad.

She asked dh "I WONDER who Aiden got his overbite/buck teeth from? You didn't have that as a baby". WTH, *I* have a pretty severe overbite. :(  

I guess I should be thankful she only sees the kids once a year (when I take them back home).  I try and blow stuff off and then she says something else. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you. I'm glad you took a stand. 5 years is a long time to bite your lip.

jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Good for you!! Sadly I'm a passive aggressive mouthy person so my family pretty much knows what to expect if they make me mad. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN