Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Name meanings

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM
  • 20 Replies
Every name has a meaning in the baby name books and online. My name is jennifer and it means white wave. I LOVE the water and the name fits me pretty well. My sons name is Aidan and it means little fire. With the middle name Riley; meaning strong and courageous. He fits his name to a T. He has almost no fear and is always on the move or doing something. Do you think your child's name meaning fits their personality?
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjjtuck
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM

my sons first name means  God has been gracious; has shown favor.....middle name means enthusiastic...now enthusiastic yes the first part..not sure

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 8, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Well Olivia means Olive Tree! And the olive branch is known for beauty, serenity and peace. I think my daughter is beautiful inside and out. She has a beautiful soul! And her middle name is Joyce which is also my middle name. It means joy or joyful and that she is! And she has brought joy to so many peoples life since she arrived. I would say she's true to the meanings! My name is Pamela and that means sweet as honey! Well, to a point that's true lol! People always tell me I'm the sweetest! Just don't cross me lol! : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM
My first name is just a feminine version of James while my middle name means weary. I do tend to lack in the energy department. Lol

Landon means from the long hill and his middle name means wood or forest.

Lexi is a version of Alexandra/Alexandria which means defender of man. Her first middle name means fathers joy while her second middle name has something to do with god, I think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Ugh I'm mobile and can't update my reply. Jean, my DD's second middle name, means god is gracious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Hmmm well...my son's name is Luis meaning a famous warrior and fighter. Um...he doesn't fight so...and his middle name means sage.

My daughter's name is Lilyana and it means purity and beautiful...::sigh:: she IS beautiful LOL. And her middle name means a magical creature.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candimalice
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Gavin Dean, gavin means little hawlk and dean means masculine... definitly suits him, he is my little man, always manley and always watching things like a hawlk
Robert Scott, means bright fame and painted warrior.. definitly him as well, he is always the center of attention and a little warrior for sure, he has had a few near death experiances and waers his scars proudly.. never let things get him down
He was attacked by a 70 pound german shepard that almost killed him, he has scars all over his face and throat and it doesn't bother him at all, and he isn't afraid of dogs at all!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOMMY2ACR
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:24 AM
My daughter is Aubrey Christine.
Aubrey meaning elfin king (idk what that's about, we just liked the name lol) and Christine means follower of Christ.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Taylor (a tailor)  Elizabeth (my God is a vow)

Jasmyne (Jasmine) Renee (reborn)

mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 6:27 AM
Aubrey also means blonde ruler. :) My oldest is Aubrey.

Quoting MOMMY2ACR:

My daughter is Aubrey Christine.

Aubrey meaning elfin king (idk what that's about, we just liked the name lol) and Christine means follower of Christ.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 6:34 AM
Aubrey (blonde ruler, ruler of the elves, elfin king)...she's blonde and definitely a leader, but elfin she is not, she's in the 90th percentile for her height.

Gracey (graceful)...does not fit her at all. She is not the tiniest bit graceful. Lol

Oliver (olive branch, elfin warrior)...he is a very peaceful baby but so not elfin...again he's in like the 95th percentile for height.

I must have a thing for "elfin" names...lol. I did think it was cool when we picked out Oliver's name that it kind of went with Aubrey's name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)