Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Colorado Couple Seriously Injured While Driving as Package Found on Windshield Suddenly Explodes

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  • 19 Replies

A bomb that seriously injured two people in a Colorado town was left beside their car in a paper bag with their names written on it, police said Sunday.

Allyson Stone, 44, and her husband, 59-year-old Christopher Stone, were hospitalized with burns after the explosion on Saturday in Lafayette. No other information about the couple or the device had been released.

The couple found the bag as they were preparing to drive to Boulder, and they put it in the car with them, police said. Christopher Stone told investigators it exploded as his wife began to open it when they had driven about a block.

9 News reports that officers say they have a suspect, but haven’t released any details.

http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-couple-seriously-injured-while-driving-package-found-005718513.html

Doesn't your heart just break for them? How awful!

by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jltplk25
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. I wonder who did it and WHY?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Awful :((
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't know about anyone else here, but if I found a bag with my name on it sitting on my car, I would look to see what it was before putting it in my car. 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jan. 9, 2012 at 1:48 PM

That's awful.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 9, 2012 at 2:34 PM

You find a bag, pick it up O_o , and just decide to take it with you??

Really? *sigh

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 9, 2012 at 4:18 PM
First that would sound odd to me so I wouldn't take it with me! Secondly who would do this to someone! Sick people out there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Also, I was just talking to my co-worker about this and she said she heard it was the ladies ex husband! : /
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Becky.Mom.of.2
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Very sad! I would NOT take a random bag with my name on it with me. Chances are if someone has something to give me they contact me first. Too many psychos out there.

splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 9, 2012 at 5:46 PM
I totally agree. I think if a random bag had my name on it I would be tempted to call the police. Or something... Surely not put it in my car and drive off.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I don't know about anyone else here, but if I found a bag with my name on it sitting on my car, I would look to see what it was before putting it in my car. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsblissmas
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I don't know about where they live, but where I'm from, people do nice things anonymously quite often. Most people wouldn't have thought twice about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN