Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado Couple Seriously Injured While Driving as Package Found on Windshield Suddenly Explodes

Posted by   + Show Post

A bomb that seriously injured two people in a Colorado town was left beside their car in a paper bag with their names written on it, police said Sunday.

Allyson Stone, 44, and her husband, 59-year-old Christopher Stone, were hospitalized with burns after the explosion on Saturday in Lafayette. No other information about the couple or the device had been released.

The couple found the bag as they were preparing to drive to Boulder, and they put it in the car with them, police said. Christopher Stone told investigators it exploded as his wife began to open it when they had driven about a block.

9 News reports that officers say they have a suspect, but haven’t released any details.

http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-couple-seriously-injured-while-driving-package-found-005718513.html

Doesn't your heart just break for them? How awful!

by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Replies (11-19):
itsblissmas
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I don't see the difference. Considering what it was, it would have blown up whether in or out of the car.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I don't know about anyone else here, but if I found a bag with my name on it sitting on my car, I would look to see what it was before putting it in my car

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jan. 9, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Technically it doesn't make a difference. I was simply stating that if I found a bag sitting on my car, I would be more inclined to see what the hell was in it before I put it into my car. 

Obviously they would have been hurt either way since it went off as soon as the package was open, but seriously, who finds a strange bag on their car and just puts it into their car not even knowing where it came from?

Quoting itsblissmas:

I don't see the difference. Considering what it was, it would have blown up whether in or out of the car.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I don't know about anyone else here, but if I found a bag with my name on it sitting on my car, I would look to see what it was before putting it in my car

itsblissmas
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Quoting itsblissmas:

I don't know about where they live, but where I'm from, people do nice things anonymously quite often. Most people wouldn't have thought twice about it. =)

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Technically it doesn't make a difference. I was simply stating that if I found a bag sitting on my car, I would be more inclined to see what the hell was in it before I put it into my car. 

Obviously they would have been hurt either way since it went off as soon as the package was open, but seriously, who finds a strange bag on their car and just puts it into their car not even knowing where it came from?

Quoting itsblissmas:

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

MsDean
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Wow! I hope they recover quickly =(

3brown1blue
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Makes you wonder who has it out for them and what kind of stuff they're into...it's probably some illegal crap and was told that the bag contained something specific in there for them and that's why they.took it...and then finding out they got screwed over by that person...Idk...sounds good to me...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM
You took the words out of my mouth.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I don't know about anyone else here, but if I found a bag with my name on it sitting on my car, I would look to see what it was before putting it in my car. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 9:19 PM
If I found a bag, didn't know where it came from or who it was from I would have just a tad more common sense then to take it. I'm not naive enough to think people just do stuff like that.

Call me cynical.

Quoting itsblissmas:

Quoting itsblissmas:

I don't know about where they live, but where I'm from, people do nice things anonymously quite often. Most people wouldn't have thought twice about it. =)

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Quoting itsblissmas:

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candimalice
by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 9:29 PM
That is so sad thank God no children were injured!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CMay2CK
by Member on Jan. 10, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I don't know about anyone else here, but if I found a bag with my name on it sitting on my car, I would look to see what it was before putting it in my car. 

Just what I was thinking.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)