Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Beyonce's Diva Childbirth Behavior Isn't What Kept Other Moms From Their Babies

Posted by   + Show Post

Who do you think is at fault here?

Beyonce's Diva Childbirth Behavior Isn't What Kept Other Moms From Their Babies

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber

on Jan 9, 2012

beyonce

As the entire world at large knows, Beyonce gave birth to a baby girl this weekend, Blue Ivy Carter, via c-section at New York's Lenox Hill hospital. Judging from everything I've heard, it went great. Off without a hitch. Mom, dad, and baby are doing wonderfully.

But it wasn't great for the parents who happened to be having children at the same time -- in the same hospital -- as the pop star. Details that are being reported actually make their birthing and post-partum experiences seem downright miserable. Thanks to baby Blue, the non-famous moms and dads were supposedly ignored, basically put in lockdown, and one dad was even kept from seeing his sick twins. And, naturally, now they're all thinking of suing.

Before we get to the legal stuff, let's discuss the lengths Bey and Jay went to to ensure their baby was safe, and that they had a pleasant (read: private) birthing experience. According to the New York Post, the couple visited Lenox Hill a few months early to do a little recon before starting with the ($1.3 million!) renovations. They had a bullet-proof door installed to Beyonce's room, as well as had the windows in her reserved wing darkened with what appeared to be special curtains or tape. A Lenox Hill staffer said of Beyonce's room, "They came in and reconstructed it. It’s completely different." They also used their own security, as well as the hospital's, and unrelated but interesting, a makeup artist was seen visiting with several bags in tow, and lunch was delivered from a special burger joint and gourmet market. Sounds quite lovely, no?

Yeah, not for the other parents. New dad Neil Coulon said his efforts to visit his premature, newborn twins in the neonatal ICU were disrupted at least four times by the arrival of Blue. He stated, "They just used the hospital like it was their own and nobody else mattered. They locked us into the NICU and would say, ‘You can’t come out to the hallway for the next 20 minutes.'" Other parents said they felt they were on "lockdown" while Beyonce and her crew were there.

TMZ is now reporting that these mistreated parents are thinking of suing. Sources at the hospital apparently told the gossip site that mothers have been gathering at a breast-feeding class to gripe about the way they've been neglected ... and how the possibility of filing a lawsuit against the hospital has come up!

Although the extremes Beyonce and Jay Z went to seem a bit elaborate (and obnoxious), I do think the hospital is at fault here. And if anybody oughta be sued, it should be them. Since this was a scheduled c-section, clearly they had ample time to get ready. There's no excuse for failing to prepare for other mothers and fathers who would be in the hospital that day, as well. Rearrange rooms, block a section entirely off. There had to be a better solution than what they came up with -- and there's really no excuse for the other mothers feeling neglected. That's just awful. It wasn't just a special day for Beyonce and Jay Z.

by on Jan. 9, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Replies (11-12):
momofsixangels
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Thats insane.Those other parents and newborns are no less important.I would be pissed !

Mom2Addison12
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM

This is excatly why I do not like this woman.

Someone needs to get their story straight, if she got a c-section, WHY?!?!?! Was she scared to give vaginal birth? Is she too good for that?

If she wanted privacy, she should've birthed at home, it's that simple, And for those who say, well the home isn't that private, the OUTSIDE is the only thing that is public.

This is such bullshit, I would be suing as well.

She is just some big time diva who doesn't know how to write songs.

And for those women to be denied seeing their new children and to be ignored is sueable to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)