Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Update*****DIVORCE ADVICE PLEASE!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 7:02 AM
  • 159 Replies
I have an appointment this morning with a lawyer to find out what I can and can't do and what to expect if I go threw with filing. My dh (dipshit) husband is telling me because I don't have a job and am bipolar he will get custody of my kids. I don't have a job because he has always supported me and the kids. Can he actually get custody because of that? Oh and I take meds for being bipolar so I really don't think that can go against me. He is threatening to sale my car because it's in his name and said he will go to jail before he pays for this house and me to live in it. When I simply just said until I found a place. What's your advice. Seriously no bashing I've heard enough from him this entire night. I just need advice

Update******
I went to a lawyer. She told me in the state of ky most likely I would get custody of my kids. With him getting every other weekend and one afternoon a week. Which if he asked to take them some where I would not keep them from him. I know he loves them. As far as our property goes I am not on the house loan but I am on the title. My car is also in his name with me being on the title as well. If I file he can not sell anything after that. Also I promise I'm not a man. I laughed so hard when I read that. :) I'm a 22 yr old woman. My los are 21 months and 14 wks.
Also as far as me being bipolar he can not use it against me because I am medicated and have never put him or my kids in danger. He makes over 65000 a yr so the lawyer said I could get quite a bit of money. Which I just want to make sure my kids are ok and taken care of. I really appreciate the input and I have saved all text. I have not decided what to do yet and I'm starting to think I may not love him anymore. I just don't look at him the same after all of this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 7:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 7:22 AM
3 moms liked this
No, he won't get custody. Once you file he can't make any changes as far as your bank account or finances.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristin42010
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Thank you

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

No, he won't get custody. Once you file he can't make any changes as far as your bank account or finances.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this
Your welcome. Don't let him scare you momma.

Quoting Kristin42010:

Thank you

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristin42010
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm trying not to but he has.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Your welcome. Don't let him scare you momma.

Quoting Kristin42010:

Thank you

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 10, 2012 at 9:55 AM
12 moms liked this
He's just trying to scare you. The court will make him pay child support and maybe even spousal since you don't work. If you have been taking care of your children all these years let the courts know. In most cases they will favor the mother. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4life1976
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:24 PM
10 moms liked this

belive it or not its a womens world outhere all over the country.. I am divorced and my ex husband tried the same thing.. little did he know because he was the breadwinner he had to pay child support, spousal support and pay for the house.. dont let him scare you..

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 10, 2012 at 2:34 PM
5 moms liked this

This and don't worry, he's just being an ass because he knows he's about to lose everything .

Quoting momma4life1976:

belive it or not its a womens world outhere all over the country.. I am divorced and my ex husband tried the same thing.. little did he know because he was the breadwinner he had to pay child support, spousal support and pay for the house.. dont let him scare you..

Kristin42010
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 3:23 PM
3 moms liked this
I went to the lawyer this morning and told her everything. She said that it depends on what judge we get but if one always grants every other weekend and 1 day a week. The other one favors joint custody! :( so its alot to think about. He can not use my bipolar or me not having a job against me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 10, 2012 at 3:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like he is just trying to intimidate you. Been there done that and I'm proudly divorced. Try to not worry to much. I know.. Like that's possible, right? And if you move 30-45 minutes away they won't even think of joint custody, especially if you have school age kids. Just an fyi.

Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywagoner
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM
7 moms liked this
I read your other post about what happened with his parents... It seems awfully rash to get divorced because that happened. I don't know all the details but don't you think you should talk about it and not rush into a divorce? This is your family, you should try to keep it together IMO. Maybe take some time to cool off?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)