Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Advice needed!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM
  • 14 Replies

I am a 31 yr old mother and my oldest daughter is 10 her dad left us when she was 4 and after about 5 yrs i have finally found someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. My daughter doesn't want me to be with him and every time she sees us being affectionate she gets a temper and gets hateful.  She has a lot of anger inside of her and I don't know what to do. Can anyone give me some advice ?

by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USAFamily
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you looked into counseling for her?

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I think your dd is used to it just being you and her so your SO is kind of a threat. I would talk to her. Maybe try to get him and her together to do something fun. This has helped us. My dd is 9 and I've been married 4 years so I've been there. It helps to show he's not the bad guy and he can be fun too. Good Luck!!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 10, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I'm sorry I have thankfully never had to deal with this and I'm very sorry you have to. Counseling maybe? Its rough but realize you also need to be happy and if he is good to you never give that up. One day she will learn and come around. I truly believe that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3brown1blue
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM
You definitely should take your DD to a child psychologist and have her talk about what's the matter. And then let the C.P. give you the advice you'd need to hopefully make this work out and the 3 of you can be happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jan. 10, 2012 at 3:54 PM
I think the other ladies gave some great advice. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma4life1976
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 6:09 PM

bump

snuggiewoogie
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I think it will take time but she will come around........

fingers crossed

Nerys-Kianna
by Member on Jan. 10, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Give her time, it's all new to her. She probably thinks, that he's going to take you away from her and is afraid of it. Let her spend some time with your new flame so they get to know each other. If all that doesn't work, seek professional help and bring her some counseling.

Deiangel
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Did she actually say she doesn't want you to be with him? Or are you saying that because she gets angry when you show him affection?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywagoner
by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Definitely talk to her...be compassionate. She just doesn't understand. She probably is jealous. And confused. And bitter ( why can't she have her dad? she's probably thinking). She is getting ready to be in that hard age where your not a little kid anymore... Starting to grow up. Be there for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN