Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Kate Gosselin Cruise Sounds Like a Vacation From Hell

Posted by   + Show Post

Would you want to go on a Kate Gosselin -- or any celeb-themed -- cruise?

A Kate Gosselin Cruise Sounds Like a Vacation From Hell

on January 10, 2012 at 12:29 PM

kate gosselinIf I were a betting woman, I'd put money down that this is the oddest piece of celeb gossip you've heard thus far in 2012: There is a Kate Gosselin cruise. Yes, a cruise with Kate Gosselin. On August 12-19, were you so inclined, you can set sail on a Royal Caribbean ship with the reality star/mother of eight for between $1,900 and $3,175. The trip starts off in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and heads on over to Jamaica, Cozumel, and ... Haiti. And what does it include besides a jaunt to the poorest nation in the Western world and all-you-can-eat buffets ad nauseum? Well, a welcome cocktail party with Kate; a Q&A session with Kate; a photo op with Kate; and a "learn a new craft from the professional herself," whatever that means.

Doesn't this sound like a dream vacation?

It totally does! Except the exact opposite. Listen, I don't consider myself a "Kate hater," but I truly can't think of a less relaxing, more obnoxious way to spend a week. Kate's claim to fame is pretty much being a yeller and a relentless task-master. I think I'd honestly rather be behind a computer at work. Not to mention, the whole concept is just weird. What is the point of going on a cruise with a celebrity? I don't get it.

It's not like you're going to hang out with the famous person. It's not like you're going to become friends. Why not just go to a book signing or something that requires ... less money and commitment instead? Then go on the trip you really want to go on. Basing something as elaborate as a vacation on a celebrity or, in Kate's case, a pseudo-celebrity, is sort of sad. You're devoting a big chunk of your time and money to hopefully catch a few moments with him or her.

I'm dying to find out what happens with this cruise. Will it sell out? Are people actually interested in doing something like this? Will Jon make a drunk, unshaven appearance, complete with slow-clap, at her Q&A? Guess we'll just have to wait and see. And plan much more relaxing vacations of our own.

by on Jan. 10, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Replies (11-15):
HouseMa
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Now that her kids aren't making money for her, she has to do something to avoid living a real life and getting a real job.

This woman is the poster child for "spay and neuter your pets"

IncognitoOne
by Member on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Nope. No thank you. I'd rather go on a cruise where I had to put up with her 8 children instead of putting up with her.

pristine729
by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Me too

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I will pass...LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nerys-Kianna
by Member on Jan. 11, 2012 at 1:38 PM

No thanks

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Count me out. I can't believe the price they are asking! Gee, they would have to pay me to go and I am not a Kate hater.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)